• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

South Park Season 21 premieres tonight 9/13

Agreed. SP has stayed true to their MO with current events. Jenner, Trump, any guesses on what's next? I'm sure there has been a preview but I haven't seen it yet.

From wiki: The town of South Park is gentrifying, Kenny gets a job at City Wok.

The show hit the highest highs in seasons 5, 7, and 8

hipster_cartman.jpg82049ae3-6779-48b1-9985-7c2042b030adOriginal.jpg

bttt for the new episode tonight. Wasn't a big fan of the last one, need to bring the heat tonight.

That was one of the most South Park South Park songs in recent memory.

Can't get boogers and cum outta my head. How about a queefy 1/4 pounder?

Wow... Bolding mine.

http://nbc.com.co/yelp-sues-south-park-for-10-million-over-episode/

Yelp Sues South Park For $10 Million Over Latest Episode

San Francisco, CA — Today Yelp Inc. filed a $10 million dollar lawsuit against the creators of South Park and Comedy Central. In the lawsuit, Yelp is seeking damages caused by the latest episode of South Park which lampooned the customer review and local business rating website.

Paul Horner, who is a spokesman for Yelp, spoke with NBC News about details of the lawsuit.

“Our company, along with its millions of users, take Yelp very seriously. The South Park episode was in extremely bad taste and not funny whatsoever. To say our critics are out there trying to get free food and using racist slurs on little Mexican children is beyond ridiculous. To compare the users of Yelp to terrorists is not only cruel, but the definition of libel and slander. I believe any reasonable court in America will agree with the lawsuit and rule in our favor.”

Matt Stone and Trey Parker, creators of the popular animated series, were quick to issue a statement of their own.

“We’ve taken a hard look at the information presented to us, and after reviewing it, we have given Yelp and their lawsuit only one star. Their lawyers delivered us legal documents in a very unprofessional manner; not bothering to smile or even a quick handshake. The writing on the envelope was barely legible and in two different colors. It is our personal opinion that Yelp could do a much better job by not suing us for ten million dollars.”

The episode at the center of the lawsuit, titled, You’re Not Yelping, parodies Yelp reviewers, going as far as comparing them to ISIS, while also continuing the season-to-date theme which mocks political correctness.

Harvard law professor, Tom Downey, believes Yelp will lose the $10 million lawsuit.

“It is of my personal opinion that this case falls under far use laws protected by freedom of speech and using parody to deliver its message,” Downey said. “Though with such recent cases as Snopes v. Horner, anything is possible these days. If I was South Park, I would still be worried.”

According to Business Week, Yelp has a complicated relationship with small businesses. Criticism regarding the company focuses on the legitimacy of reviews, public statements of Yelp manipulating and blocking reviews in order to increase ad spending, as well as concerns regarding the privacy of reviewers.

Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin, a mascot for a Christian anti-masturbation organization, says the company is losing business because of Yelp reviewers.

“Before being listed on Yelp we had no problem going around the country speaking to elementary school children about the dangers and consequences of masturbation. Now, with our poor reviews on Yelp, people are beginning to question our morals and ethics, like that is so important. Just because I have been arrested three times for public masturbation and each case was pardoned by the Governor, doesn’t mean our federal funding and government support had anything to do with it. With the assumptions made by Yelp reviewers, they are causing deadly self-rape addictions in this country to continue and in the end it is Big Masturbation that wins. Such a shame.”

South Park is well known for controversy, speaking out against corporations, individuals and religion. In 2005, an episode about Scientology aired titled, Trapped In The Closet. After the first week of airing, the controversial episode mocking outspoken Scientologist Tom Cruise was pulled from the scheduled lineup under mysterious circumstances (Some saying it was due to pressure from Cruise and Scientology). Stone and Parker immediately issued the following statement:

“So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies… You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail!”

The $10 million lawsuit was filed at the Superior Court of California with opening arguments beginning November 5th.

That's a well done parody article.

Apparently, it fooled a lot of people. There are several websites reporting the lawsuit.

I've always found it so odd that anyone would race home to review/rip a restaurant, or anything for that matter. Of course, I'm typing this on a message board, so I guess that makes me a bit of a hypocrite.

I've always found it so odd that anyone would race home to review/rip a restaurant, or anything for that matter. Of course, I'm typing this on a message board, so I guess that makes me a bit of a hypocrite.
I view message boards like these as interactive communities, which is quite different than Yelp IMO. I think Trip Advisor is more reliable anyway.

I would love a cut of the last episode with just the Randy Marsh parts. Would be a great five minute video.

I don't know about anyone else but I have found this season of south park to be refreshing in a lot of ways compared to the last few seasons. PC Principle is easily the best character they have introduced in a while.

Definitely the most memorable season in awhile. Everything since Imaginationland seems to run together.

My favorite part:

Shoe Salesman:
Well, how's the shoe fit, pal?

Boy:
I think it fits pretty good.

Shoe Salesman:
Well okayhehe, let's see if it fits better than this KNIFE THROUGH YOUR FUCKING SKULL, BASTARD!

Watched this episode again tonight. Such quality

The Tweak/Craig episode was so random, but really funny. The continuity between episodes has supremely boosted this season.

I hope this season features an amazing episode the likes of Scott Tenorman Must Die, Wendy vs. Cartman or Ginger Kids.

Tweak and Craig episode was killer. Im not a regular watcher of the show but have jumped back in with my roommate this season. So funny.

Back