• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

South Park Season 21 premieres tonight 9/13

I've noticed they are axing regular characters, first it was principle victoria and now Garrison is gone for the foreseeable future. I wonder if they plan on getting rid of any of the other long standing characters.

The ninja picture Cartman found... Wow.

I just caught up with this week's episode.

I'm of the opinion that the 20ish minutes of TV I just watched comprise some of the best TV that has ever been made. The payoff is just...it's what TV should be.

agreed. Creamy's Toy and I watched this on Wed. One of the better episodes of any show I've seen in a while.

Does anyone else wish South Park would go back to doing stand alone episodes, rather than weaving these themes and plotlines throughout the whole season?

I get the feeling that it would burn out their creative juices to go back to standalone episodes.

Going to be a great season. A lot of good stuff in the first. I'm with PH that standalone eps would eventually burn them out. These guys have been after it for a long time! I was in 4th grade when SP first aired. I feel like I grew up with these kids. Only thing is, I get older and they stay the same age.

Does anyone else wish South Park would go back to doing stand alone episodes, rather than weaving these themes and plotlines throughout the whole season?
Nah, 17 seasons or so of that was plenty.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I remember watching Jesus vs. Santa Claus on a buddy's computer like my sophomore year. The Cartman's Dad April Fools joke was my senior year.

Hard to believe they've lasted this long. The Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich ep was 12 years ago. Still applies.

I guess I just miss the days of random, non-social commentary episodes like Cartman pretending to be a psychic and working with the police to catch a serial killer.

That entire episode was a social commentary that psychics are BS.

That was an excellent ep on a number of fronts.

I do. Matt and Trey must have decided this is easier than trying to come up with completely new plots each week. The hope would be that it gives them more freedom to just be funny rather than worrying about storylines, but it certainly diminishes in my mind the impact of single episodes. I still laugh, but the episodes aren't as memorable with the ongoing stories.

The way they've structured this season, it's probably better to just wait until the end of the season and watch all the episodes in a row, rather than making a point to watch one per week.

So they've made the show more bingeable over time. That's fitting because South Park is one of the first shows to be easily available for free on the Internet.

BTTT.

The Cartman and Hedi plot thickens as they grow together and lead the schools P.C movement. Skankhunt42 is starting to embrace the troll that he is. A lot of good stuff happening.

"Trump/Garrison/Giant Douche" speaking at his rallies in stand-up comedy form is absolutely hilarious too.

Pretty amazing how the whole PC plot line weaved into the election.

Back