• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

South Park Season 21 premieres tonight 9/13

I think South Park is highly entertaining, and I consider myself an intellectual capable of enjoying a show without making it the foundation for my idiology. But I kind of agree with the above post. At times I've hoped Matt and Trey would take a stance and been disappointed. Other times, I think they've been spot on, especially with the PC Principal series of episodes.

I've always viewed them as equal opportunity offenders. If they took a side, they would isolate one side of their base.

That post about Southpark is not quite correct. South Park has taken multiple political stances throughout the years. Off the top of my head, they believe college athletes should be paid.

They also took the courageous stance that naggers should be forced to kiss Jesse Jackson's black ass.

I think South Park is highly entertaining, and I consider myself an intellectual capable of enjoying a show without making it the foundation for my idiology. But I kind of agree with the above post. At times I've hoped Matt and Trey would take a stance and been disappointed. Other times, I think they've been spot on, especially with the PC Principal series of episodes.

Hehe

That post is something right from /r/iamverysmart. Jesus, what a windbag. The author is making too much of a leap between "change vs comfort" and complacency. South Park has arguably been an agent of change in society and has many episodes devoted to the central theme of change.

Fuck, a huge series arc was Stan being shamed/matrix'd because he was being cynical of how things are changing.

South Park returns tonight.

Can't wait. So much material for Matt and Trey. Gonna be hugely bigly funny

I read this season won't be serialized and won't focus on politics, just random funny shit like many of the classic episodes

They've already teased making fun of Charlottesville. I think they'll reference plenty. They can't help it. I think instead of reacting each week, they'll just insert a few references here and there.

Matt and Trey are spot on point around 90-95% of the time. Snowflake generation can't handle that and it is cool. Only thing I they should have done but didn't do is roll with the Muhammad sketch (I think they also agree).

"Conservatives are more wrong, but liberal get so much more mad"

Decent enough guiding principle for comedy but I miss the non political South Park

More scattered than usual but definitely entertaining.

Yeah, really enjoyed it last night. Cartman was classic Cartman. It had the feel of vintage Matt and Trey but I personally enjoy interjecting politics into the ep. Really looking forward to how the Cartman and his GF plot plays out.

In the first 5 minutes of the show, they had already made fun of white supremacists/rednecks, Alexa, property flipping shows (fantastic), and pretty much all women in relationships ever. Bravo, South Park.

"HEY DARYL" just slayed me.

I thought it was pretty funny, plus my Amazon Echo started interacting with the show, which made it more entertaining. Alexa attempted to add scrotum bags to my shopping list although she spelled it "Groden Bags." She also repeated the suck my hairy balls line when Cartman had all the different types of devices in his room.

Back