• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

South Park Season 21 premieres tonight 9/13

Just saw last night's ep. It's amazing how they can turn the most absurd premise into an easy to understand allegory for a current issue in society and then completely blow the whole thing open.

CBAA-Rules.jpg

The Slash stuff was just gravy. KFC gravy with fries. In Montreal, they call it poutine.

Pretty "city" episode today, but I'll admit...

The twist was pretty good.

What just happened? I think that was the most random South Park episode I've ever seen

That episode was terrible. Hopefully they can pull together an Anthony Weiner episode to save the rest of this season.

Pretty sure that was supposed to be the season finale. Hopefully not series finale.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/06/south-park-review-youre-getting-old/

Tonight was the South Park mid-season finale and boy did Matt Stone and Trey Parker know how to end things. All season, I've heard critics complaining that the duo has clearly lost interest in their show and instead would rather be working on their musical and other projects.

But seldom did it I believe it was true. Sure, this season has only been average, but there's been some decent episodes this year and some great ones in the last few. So you could imagine I didn't believe Stone and Parker were done with their show until the comedic geniuses expressed their opinions through Sharon and Randy's failed marriage.

"It's like the same story keeps happening every week, only it keeps getting more and more ridiculous."

Obviously, fifteen years in, the guys are allowed to get sick of their show. But after giving me all these years of brilliant satires, where will I tune into to see fourth graders rip on the NCAA or medicinal marijuana? Okay, before I spend anymore time lamenting the possible loss of my favorite show, it might be time to discuss this week's adventure, "You're Getting Old."

By now all South Park fans have probably been able to identify with Stan's growing older at least once in their lives to appreciate the dubstep tween wave sounding like shit. Hopefully, you don't have the condition of being a cynical asshole, where even treasured Adam Sandler, Jim Carrey and Kevin James movies look like shit.

Meanwhile, as Sharon pointed out, there was the ever ridiculous Randy back to re-claim his youth. This time around he put down his World of Warcraft armor, and picked back up his guitar as Steamy Ray Vaughn. Pretty clever to see him trying to imitate the "shit" sound he heard in his head while listening to the kids' music as he played live.

The scene stealers, meanwhile, were the two little old men who analyzed the tween years and sought to save the breeches of Steamie Ray Vaughn and Nicks. Speaking of Steamie Nicks, let's hand back to the ending set to her lovely song, Landslide.

I'm not sure which was tougher, watching Sharon and Randy separate or watching Stan's innocence end. Or maybe it was watching Cartman and Kyle become friends. No, it was definitely just realizing that South Park was coming to an end.

Well, at least Parker and Stone are contractually obligated to give us seven more episodes. Suckers. But if tonight was any indication, at least they decided to shake things up for the last seven and won't just keep telling the same story over and over again.

For that and the lasting impact, I'm giving this episode the highest score of the season. And personally, especially after this rambling review, I'm ready to welcome the end of this show's glorious era and can't wait to see where they'll take us. You?

Last edited:
Damn. That was some shit.

Seriously, I haven't heard any of the talk from critics or anything like that. But when I heard their interview about "Book of Mormon" on NPR Fresh Air a few weeks ago, I was definitely thinking that South Park might be done. It just seems like what they used to do and not their current thing. Seems like it would be easy for them to just leave it to other people for perpetuity, but maybe that's not going to happen.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/06/south-park-review-youre-getting-old/

Tonight was the South Park mid-season finale and boy did Matt Stone and Trey Parker know how to end things. All season, I've heard critics complaining that the duo has clearly lost interest in their show and instead would rather be working on their musical and other projects.

But seldom did it I believe it was true. Sure, this season has only been average, but there's been some decent episodes this year and some great ones in the last few. So you could imagine I didn't believe Stone and Parker were done with their show until the comedic geniuses expressed their opinions through Sharon and Randy's failed marriage.

"It's like the same story keeps happening every week, only it keeps getting more and more ridiculous."

Obviously, fifteen years in, the guys are allowed to get sick of their show. But after giving me all these years of brilliant satires, where will I tune into to see fourth graders rip on the NCAA or medicinal marijuana? Okay, before I spend anymore time lamenting the possible loss of my favorite show, it might be time to discuss this week's adventure, "You're Getting Old."

By now all South Park fans have probably been able to identify with Stan's growing older at least once in their lives to appreciate the dubstep tween wave sounding like shit. Hopefully, you don't have the condition of being a cynical asshole, where even treasured Adam Sandler, Jim Carrey and Kevin James movies look like shit.

Meanwhile, as Sharon pointed out, there was the ever ridiculous Randy back to re-claim his youth. This time around he put down his World of Warcraft armor, and picked back up his guitar as Steamy Ray Vaughn. Pretty clever to see him trying to imitate the "shit" sound he heard in his head while listening to the kids' music as he played live.

The scene stealers, meanwhile, were the two little old men who analyzed the tween years and sought to save the breeches of Steamie Ray Vaughn and Nicks. Speaking of Steamie Nicks, let's hand back to the ending set to her lovely song, Landslide.

I'm not sure which was tougher, watching Sharon and Randy separate or watching Stan's innocence end. Or maybe it was watching Cartman and Kyle become friends. No, it was definitely just realizing that South Park was coming to an end.

Well, at least Parker and Stone are contractually obligated to give us seven more episodes. Suckers. But if tonight was any indication, at least they decided to shake things up for the last seven and won't just keep telling the same story over and over again.

For that and the lasting impact, I'm giving this episode the highest score of the season. And personally, especially after this rambling review, I'm ready to welcome the end of this show's glorious era and can't wait to see where they'll take us. You?

asshole for making me read that whole thing. but pretty much how i felt.

i was high and in a south park dream, so this episode was pretty good for me.

One of the strangest episodes...and a pretty clear indication to me that we only have a handful of new South Park episodes left.

Changed the thread title to reflect the possible implications of tonight's episode.

Yeah, the show is clearly ending. Very poignant episode tonight. I just hope they end it with a bang.

Yea that makes sense. If this turns out to be true, it's been a good 15-year run for South Park. Hopefully the remaining episodes will be awesome

I dunno, these guys LOVE roasting people, and they inappropriately own people and lambast hypocrisy better than anyone. They just need a break. They've taken some pretty long breaks between seasons before, iirc.

When some spicy new material pops up again, they will be hard pressed to stay away. The great thing about South Park is that once they have an idea, it takes them almost no time to turn out an episode.

Gotta say that the last 2 minutes of that episode were a definite WTF moment. Up until then, it played out like any other episode...and I completely related to the cynicism and everything being shit. The movie trailers had me in stitches.

I've got to imagine Comedy Central will give them all the flexibility they want. I'd be fine with two 1 hour specials a year or something like that.

It would be kind of funny to have another South Park movie with the kids grown up. Cartman has a gay, hippie son. Butters' kid is a bangbanger.

Gotta say that the last 2 minutes of that episode were a definite WTF moment. Up until then, it played out like any other episode...and I completely related to the cynicism and everything being shit. The movie trailers had me in stitches.

Definitely the highlight of the episode for me too.

If south park is ending, there needs to be a movie in the works.

After the first South Park movie, I was sure there would be more. Instead they made other movies and took their act to Broadway.

Back