• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Americans on Fx

One of the more emotionally compelling moments (Jesus, did I really just use that phrase?) of the series there when Phillip tells Martha he won't be joining her. That element of the show turned out much stronger than I thought it would be, but I too am ready for it to be done with. So long, Martha.

So commie guy who is pissed about them killing his beotch in prison is going to get close to the KGB chick who knows shit and get some info out of her and eventually FBI guy whose name I still can't remember this many seasons into the show will put 2 and 2 together. That's why they dragged out the prison storyline. It will provide the impetus for the downfall. Should've figured it out sooner, but my foresight was muddied by my anger over Paige's stupid side story.

Chekov's rat traveling with Martha is def going to be used on her no?

I think the "sample" that the Russian lady kept talking about might end up being the rat and not Martha. I'd be surprised if the KGB plan on Martha getting to Russia alive.

They may kill her for the show but really I bet they would keep her alive to exploit any more info they can get from her, keep her as a bargaining chip, and recruit others. Ain't nobody gonna help if word gets out they kill you

The EST speaker has the best chalkboard penmanship of all time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I realize this is a television show, and that these people and their stories are not real, like on "Keeping Up With the Kardashians". But the Paige story line, which from the beginning has been a stretch, appears more and more absurd. Elizabeth gets in her face about the effect of her big reveal (telling Pastor Tim their identities), but wait'll Paige (and Henry!) find out that Philip and Elizabeth are murderers - several times over. Now really, can Paige hang out with PT every day and the guy not get suspicious that Mom and Pop have ordered him watched? Does Paige still go to school? Understand, I am not throwing down on poor young Holly Taylor, whose performance of this role is exemplary. The showrunners, The J's, are digging a hole that will be difficult to climb out of without coming pretty damn close to fantasy.

Martha has made it to Cuba and is on the way to Prague, so Gabriel tells P and E. Stay tuned. I first saw Frank Langella in Diary of a Mad Housewife (1970). He has become the very image of a consummate professional.

Finally, the air is beginning to warm up between Oleg and Tatiana. That fine lady needs comforting.

I totally agree with all of those hating the Paige story line. Totally unrealistic. They would never put their lives, their operation, and international relations in the hands of a 14 yo girl. Pastor Tim would have been dead and Paige sent to "boarding school" as soon as they knew she told him about them.

IRL Paige would learn what their parents did when she landed in Moscow for her own training. I was pretty surprised she returned to the States after visiting grandma. I understand the script needed some drama and suspense, but, come on... P and E have the people skills to handle everyone else and they can't handle their own 14 daughter?

I would love it if Henry knew about his parents all along and knew enough to stfu and just play along.

It would be easy just to label Keri Russell's character Elizabeth a murderous, Commie bitch. But Russell's rendering of this character is really a gem of nuanced development, and those who have followed the series from its earliest episodes surely can see the slow appearance of changes in her thoughts and actions. Philip, however, is on a faster track.

Blinking is your friend, Paige! But Holly Taylor sure can effect a classic deer-in-the-headlights look.

As to the future between Don and Young Hee, I am taking the same position I did watching Mad Men and Downton Abbey. Since these are not real people what they do and what happens to them depends entirely on what the showrunners (the J's) will decide to write for them. But if I had to venture a guess I'd say Don is too much of a straight dude not to tell Young Hee what went down between him and Patty. Of course, it could always go the other way, too.

Pastor Tim and Alice (!) are going to Africa. Anything can happen while in Africa. This viewer still suspects that Pastor Tim has an as yet unrevealed backstory.

Finally! Liaison between Oleg and Tatiana. She was wasted just hanging around the Residentura. No nosy family hanging around Oleg's place. But is she just working Oleg?

Some reviewers expressed concern over Alison Wright's removal from the opening credits. This doesn't necessarily mean we'll never see Martha again. She can always make a guest appearance, and the creators have used flashbacks before.

Most anticipated question of Season 4: "When are you going to tell Henry?"

And now for persuading Alice to hand over the tape. I wonder if the lawyer has listened to the tape, or made copies. Even more so, I wonder if there even is a tape.

Some teenagers pass through a phase in which they latch onto a word and use it to death, then wake up one morning having forgotten all about it. For Paige Wednesday night that word was weird.

Step 1: Oleg and Tatiana have really loud, exuberant sex. Step 2: Oleg quizzes Tatiana concerning her familiarity with Twinkies. Step3: Tatiana expresses her need for a 40 to 60 year old Soviet secretary who speaks perfect English. Boy! Can these two change gears fast!

It appears that Matthew and Paige are becoming an item.

We saw in the brief preview some indication of where the Patty (Elizabeth)/ Young Hee/ Don operation may be heading. If this is not resolved soon, Elizabeth may lose it altogether.

Jack (Philip) brought some fine weed and got back up with Kimmy. Now it's time to get back to EST.

Did Philip pass Stan's tip about Gaad's whereabouts to The Centre? I wouldn't want to be in Oleg's shoes when Stan gets the details about the circumstances of Gaad's passing.

The reviewers at A.V. Club are lamenting the lack of appearances by the Mail Robot. Isn't that KGB bug still operating?

I think it was pretty clear or suggested that there was no tape / lawyer visit, cause they have the office bugged and said she didn't do anything like that. So, I doubt that comes back up.

Good episode. The story line with the Korean family is excellent.

I'm guessing the next step is to stage the Korean husband's suicide. No wonder she doesn't want to do it. Given that the preview shows her confronting him with a bogus pregnancy next week, I'm guessing the option presented by Dracula fails.

So sick of the Paige angle. Only thing I can think of is Paige and Henry end up adopted by the pastor, his wife, and their 40 kids when their parents get nabbed.

And he totally needs to bang that HS chick. One of the few perks that comes with that job so take advantage of it.

And he totally needs to bang that HS chick. One of the few perks that comes with that job so take advantage of it.

vFawart.jpg

Back