• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Americans on Fx

She might continue boning him to get details on his work. They know their crops are a target, so if this dude succeeds in creating a pest-free strain and Elizabeth can gank the details, then it's a win for Russia.

I mean if he's CIA that's a p good cover story. I was kind of surprised she just bought it at face value. Doubt he'd be like, well I'm using this to destroy Russia let's bang again!

Possibly. They also might be pushing one or both to defect. Phil has considered running or getting out most of the show. He's really jealous of wheat boy and hates his need to bang scientist chic. Elizabeth was always the stalwart and now has been thrown for a loop.

I can see an endgame where they turn to Stan for help getting out.

Exactly. Phillip realizes Stan has been a better friend to him than anyone in his life. Stan will prolly get compromised by aerobics chick, and then P&E plus Stan go on the run, and Matthew and Paige bone in the finale while "Go Your Own Way" or "Night Moves" is playing.

Philip and Elizabeth should work with the Algebra II teacher to have Henry placed in a special school for advanced math geeks (far away from Falls Church). That would get Henry out of the way. Then if Gabriel can succeed in taking Mischa out of the picture, that would clear a lot of plates off P&E's table.

I am thinking the show runners plan on giving EST a significant role to play in bringing the series to a close.

Methinks Stan would throw Renee out the door for any chance to hook up with one of the Russki babes in Oleg's father's stable.

Exactly. Phillip realizes Stan has been a better friend to him than anyone in his life. Stan will prolly get compromised by aerobics chick, and then P&E plus Stan go on the run, and Matthew and Paige bone in the finale while "Go Your Own Way" or "Night Moves" is playing.

No doubter.

For some reason, I totes thought Oleg was going to jump.

Lots of possibilities with Gabriel and Paige. Tack on Henry's newfound Good Will Hunting, and the kids might be in deep.

"I am ready. Lay your hands on me." I am intrigued with where Paige's story may be going. At any rate, Holly Taylor is killing it this season.

The Camaro is back! Now let's see the Mail Robot.

Elizabeth encountering a Mary Kay associate could prove to be a ticking time bomb, or just another dead end.

Keri Russell is a most beautiful woman.

Is there something weird with Henry and this unseen broad Chris? Kind of weird how they seemed to shoehorn her into the conversation between Henry and Stan.

I will be honest -- so far this has not been my favorite season of this show.

Is there something weird with Henry and this unseen broad Chris? Kind of weird how they seemed to shoehorn her into the conversation between Henry and Stan.

I will be honest -- so far this has not been my favorite season of this show.

Earlier Elizabeth and Phillip were talking about Henry studying with a Chris and they had no idea if Chris was a he or she. I think they were just reinforcing Henry tells/talks to Stan more than his parents.

A few theories, some more plausible than others:

1. Stan's gf is an American spy, not a Russian, sent by the CIA to track him as a potential defector (Sub-theory: maybe they suspect P&E and know that he's friends with them).
2. Stobert is fully aware of Elizabeth's spy status and is playing her. His bit about developing super-wheat that is pest/famine-resistant was a trap, knowing that she would steal it.
3. Paige continues to connect her religion's "all for one, one for all" premise with the communist manifesto. She moves toward the life of a spy, much to the joy of the Center and the chagrin of P&E, who actively try to keep her out.
4. P&E are going to be asked to take down Stan and Dennis' defector and the resulting confrontation will conclude this season.

A few theories, some more plausible than others:

1. Stan's gf is an American spy, not a Russian, sent by the CIA to track him as a potential defector (Sub-theory: maybe they suspect P&E and know that he's friends with them).
2. Stobert is fully aware of Elizabeth's spy status and is playing her. His bit about developing super-wheat that is pest/famine-resistant was a trap, knowing that she would steal it.
3. Paige continues to connect her religion's "all for one, one for all" premise with the communist manifesto. She moves toward the life of a spy, much to the joy of the Center and the chagrin of P&E, who actively try to keep her out.
4. P&E are going to be asked to take down Stan and Dennis' defector and the resulting confrontation will conclude this season.

I am definitely down with #2 and #3. This show is so great.

Also, it has been a few episodes since we have seen Keri Russell naked. Next week doesn't look promising.

Don't think the Topeka guy is playing Elizabeth. I figured that they were not actually trying to kill crops in Russia. I don't know if there's a real story behind it or not, but I doubt that really happened. He's just a hippie dude who bangs lots of chicks. Like there weren't 100 of those guys in college. The only thing he's missing is an acoustic guitar to serenade her with.

#4 seems the most likely. The Paige angle of this story continues to annoy the shit out of me, but will obviously be central to the future actions of P&E.

Last edited:
This week's was a little dull as well. There was so much walking and talking, it could've been written by Sorkin. I hope the slow burn that this season has been has a serious payoff.

They should try this thing I've seen other shows do at times.

I think it's called SOMETHING ACTUALLY HAPPENING.

the wedding was cool. when the priest asked him if he was promised to another woman, though...

Define promised? Acting, playing a role, lying, jamming... but his heart belongs to Elizabeth. Or something like that.

End times coming...

Back