• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Americans on Fx

I thought last week's episode was one of the best of the entire series to date. The wedding and darkroom scenes were both v v v v good.

Tuan is a loose cannon. P&E may have to off him.
Paige and Henry will do just fine living as Russians? On this point, P&E are totally delusional!

I didn't even realize next week is the season finale because so little has happened this season. It feels like the most interesting part of this season was when they iced the Nazi (which wasn't even relevant to the core plot, unless you count the psychological effects on P&E).

Stan looked like he was about to soil himself when Sonia walked into the safe house with that Soviet hockey jock. Best Stan WTF moment in a long time.

i think the reason the show has felt slower at times is because they are making the turn into the end game. all the action has been more on the emotional side.

to me pushing p&e towards leaving. p has wanted out the entire time but e has just now come around. they get married. very happy with their family. does stan find out? do they run? do the decide to stay in the us (for kids? find out russian lies?) so they turn themselves in to stan and all three go against the russians?

still time to pull the various strings together to stick the landing.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the team responsible for executing a Nazi collaborator 40 years after the fact probably isn't going to run.

probably not. just considering options.

1 - run (might be less work than they are doing now for russia but kids still don't like it)
2 - retire to russia (kids hate this)
3 - would russia even let them retire?
4 - stan finds out (run. try to get back to russia)
5 - turn on russia to stay in us (they go to stan or he finds out himself)

anything else? i'm currently thinking they find out russia is shady and end up turning against russia.

I binge watched season 4 over the weekend. It will probably be February or March before season 5 is released on DVD. I do not have access to streaming video.

Do yourself a favor and skip season 5. I'm dead serious. NOTHING happens.

Just started watching this with the wife over the weekend... Season 1, Episodes 1 & 2 so far. It's OK. Haven't read too much of this thread, because I don't want spoilers... But I was wondering if it was worth our time. Was told that we need to get through 4 or 5 episodes before we'll really like it... Accurate?

Just started watching this with the wife over the weekend... Season 1, Episodes 1 & 2 so far. It's OK. Haven't read too much of this thread, because I don't want spoilers... But I was wondering if it was worth our time. Was told that we need to get through 4 or 5 episodes before we'll really like it... Accurate?

I am a fan of the show. Really well written, some great plot twists, and Keri Russell's ass every season. But, it definitely has slow episodes and stretches. So I recommend it, but it's not on the level of the Wire (but what is?).

Agree with the above post. Very good show that drags at times. It did take me a few episodes to get hooked. And I’m hooked now despite its flaws.

Thanks for the input. We are running out of shows to watch, so a pretty good show with some flaws is probably good enough right now.

it has been one of the best shows on tv, at times, during its run. worth sticking with the slower parts/storylines.

Back