• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Americans on Fx

220px-Chesley_Sullenberger_honored_crop.jpg

This post is why pos rep exists.

Also, the use of "Tusk" in the opening scene and at the end was awesome.

Also, the use of "Tusk" in the opening scene and at the end was awesome.

I agree. It was remixed, so I didn't pick it up at first, but shortly into it, I said to my wife, "that really sounds like Tusk's drumbeat."

I agree. It was remixed, so I didn't pick it up at first, but shortly into it, I said to my wife, "that really sounds like Tusk's drumbeat."

It really was a perfect choice in terms of setting a tone for the show (or at least what it seems the tone of the series will be, to the extent we can tell after a 90-minute pilot) - paranoid, intense, driving, a little weird. I dug it.

I just watched it. I'll be adding it to my Season Pass, really dug it. I'm a sucker for 80s cold war spy stuff so this looks promising to fit that niche for me. And for anyone that stopped watching 20 minutes in, it was at the 30 minute mark where things started to pick up.

It was pretty good. Also, if you have it DVRed, go back to that scene at the beginning with Keri Russell in the sack and tell me you don't see her nipple that looks like it was airbrushed out after-the-fact. They basically gave it a flesh tone, but the shape of a nipple from the side is pretty damn obvious unless she has some kind of skin tag there.

I have some small issues with trying to make it fit into the 80s. The show takes place in 1981 after Reagan was inaugurated and before Kronkite left CBS. They weren't wearing Guess jeans then like she was in the show, and that Quarterflash song wasn't out then either. The Phil Collins one was though. I thought I got them on that, but it was out.

It was pretty good. Also, if you have it DVRed, go back to that scene at the beginning with Keri Russell in the sack and tell me you don't see her nipple that looks like it was airbrushed out after-the-fact. They basically gave it a flesh tone, but the shape of a nipple from the side is pretty damn obvious unless she has some kind of skin tag there.

I have some small issues with trying to make it fit into the 80s. The show takes place in 1981 after Reagan was inaugurated and before Kronkite left CBS. They weren't wearing Guess jeans then like she was in the show, and that Quarterflash song wasn't out then either. The Phil Collins one was though. I thought I got them on that, but it was out.

I think they're just trying to get music of the era, not precisely before the events of the show. It's not like the characters had those songs playing on the radio. Wearing Guess is probably a gaffe though, but, as they say, meh.

I think they're just trying to get music of the era, not precisely before the events of the show. It's not like the characters had those songs playing on the radio. Wearing Guess is probably a gaffe though, but, as they say, meh.

The Quarterflash song was playing in the bar when she picked the guy up at the beginning.

And yeah, it is kind of meh stuff, but sticks in my craw for some reason. They could do better with the hairstyles too. People didn't shave their heads back then if they were going bald either. They let their hair grow and looked stupid doing it.

Quarterflash - "Harden my Heart" was released in 1981. The show takes place in 1981.

To be fair, this was the pilot. A lot of times those sorts of issues are sorted out once they've been greenlit and have an actual budget.

will they re-air the first one again?

Yes. Both at 2 am Monday morning and on Tuesday night.

Although....the Monday one is listed at about an hour and the pilot was over an hour and a half. Maybe they're airing it with no commercials? That would be badass.

Quarterflash - "Harden my Heart" was released in 1981. The show takes place in 1981.

Late in 1981, and the show is earlier. Reagan took the oath in January and Cronkite was off the air as of March 6, 1981. The Quarterflash album was released in October. The song peaked at #3 in January 1982.

It's small potatoes, I know. I feel silly for even noticing it, but at that point in my life I was spending many hours a week listening to the radio so that time frame I really associate with the music.

lol at the no tyler perry tag. Caught it on fxnetworks, posrep for the link.

Why the hell does everything good have to be on Wednesdays. I remember last year I had like 5 shows DVR'd and 4 of em were on Wednesday so I had to like start dropping TUF or Top Chef or something so I could get my Challenge and Revenge.

It was also the Pilot show so I expected some mistakes, like the Quarterflash one.

I really like Rhys, and Kerri is a smoking hot bad ass.

Totally disagree w/ my bro TAB, this is going to be an excellent show. Its not like its a CBS drama.

It was also the Pilot show so I expected some mistakes, like the Quarterflash one.

I really like Rhys, and Kerri is a smoking hot bad ass.

Totally disagree w/ my bro TAB, this is going to be an excellent show. Its not like its a CBS drama.

seriously, fucking "Elementary" is hilarious after watching "Sherlock"

Watched the pilot over the weekend, and I think its got a lot of potential. Felicity is one determined pinko.

Back