• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Americans on Fx

I'm very torn on this show because I find myself semi routing for the damn commies. Ugh.

GO AMERICA!

Ok...I feel better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Solid ep, but they need to get the ball rolling on some of these plot devices. That ep left us with nothing at the end except the knowledge that both sides have inside info now.

Kind of weird that we are two episodes in and there's no villain, no hero, no real idea about where this season is headed.

my biggest issue is with this fake zack braff looking fucker.

Noah Emmerich kicked ass this episode. Loved the scene with him sharing the caviar with Phillip.

Yeah, the FBI agent dude is going to be a fantastic character. Love that they dropped in the first episode that he used to be an undercover agent embedded deep in some white supremacist cell. It sets him up as the perfect foil to Phillip.

Kind of wonder if he'll suspect Phillip later but not Elizabeth. Could be a crucial mistake setting up some good drama.

Solid ep, but they need to get the ball rolling on some of these plot devices. That ep left us with nothing at the end except the knowledge that both sides have inside info now.

Kind of weird that we are two episodes in and there's no villain, no hero, no real idea about where this season is headed.

Yeah but at the same time, people complain about Homeland because the plot was fast moving, so they had to get more and more extreme so that it started becoming unbelievable. Revenge was at its best when she was just picking one random person off an episode, once they pinned her up against the Graysons things became more and more ridiculous. A few filler episodes that stand alone but don't exactly advance things could be good for the show.

I'm not saying filler episodes that don't advance things are bad, per se. Just that it's weird to have one in the 2nd episode.

BTTT,

I really am enjoying the hell out of this show esp Noah Emmerich's FBI agent BUT...this show is about the 80s. How about some more 80s music. I know its not really into the meat of the 80s yet but at least give me 2 songs an episode.

BTTT,

I really am enjoying the hell out of this show esp Noah Emmerich's FBI agent BUT...this show is about the 80s. How about some more 80s music. I know its not really into the meat of the 80s yet but at least give me 2 songs an episode.

They really seem to go out of their way to make the show seem as timeless as possible, despite all the plot a material being rooted in the 80's. Not a lot of 80's music, not a lot of overtly 80's dress, and no real mentions of the 80's outside of Reagan. Definitely a conscious choice on the part of the producers.

Also, the Pilot was strong but the last 2 episodes have been as good or better, imo. All of the ancillary characters like Beeman (Emmerich) and Gregory are showing some serious acting chops. All of the moral gray area about "love" and "lies" really makes for some high drama, although I hope we don't get bogged down in a tangled marital relationship storyline with Phillip and Elizabeth.

BUMP. Last night's episode was called the best yet by Andy Greenwald over at Grantland. I'm just now firing it up on the DVR.

Yeah, last night's was very good. I do think last week's was better, especially with really expanding how the Russians might be thinking, but more importantly, the show is becoming more and more promising.

Shit this ep is pretty good. All kinds of drama coming from different angles.

The sneaky badass streak in Matthew Rhys is great. He's like The Hulk. Love how he plays both the frumpy dad role and the James Bond badass.

Back