• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Americans on Fx

Awesome episode. It's finally clear where the season is going.

They are showing all episodes tomorrow. Can we get a thread title change? May be good to remind people to set their DVRs.

Agreed RE: fourth episode. You saw some character expansion/development, not to mention more of the hot Russian secretary.

This week's episode was the best of the season imo. Felicity is one bad bitch.

Don't they only have like 3-6 shows? How is that a "marathon"?

Another solid episode this week. Thos is quickly becoming my favorite show.

Loved seeing Elizabeth deal with the old bitch. Wonder if Philip will find out about the creepy dude and track him down.

Another solid episode this week. Thos is quickly becoming my favorite show.

Loved seeing Elizabeth deal with the old bitch. Wonder if Philip will find out about the creepy dude and track him down.

Such a weird part of the episode. I kept thinking that the guy was KGB and was there just to occupy the kids until the parents got back, so that there wasn't any suspicion of anything, having them go to the po-po or anything, but then. . . nothing.

A very good episode, especially dealing with the actual Rezident mole(who is HAWT). But did anyone ever doubt who had actually captured Philip and Elizabeth? Despite that obviousness, I still liked how they played it, especially with Elizabeth going HAM at Granny.

Yeah there seems to be an inordinate number of creeps trying to hit on this 13-year-old girl in 1980's DC.

Really loved the stuff with Felicity + Phillip and Truman's buddy + the mole, but the stuff with the kids and the molester was painful. I will say, at least they tried to mix it up by having some ambiguity about whether the pedo was really up to no good, or whether he was simply trying to teach them a lesson. Little man cracked that beer bottle over his head before we got any clarity, which was actually pretty cool -- I like that they kept it ambiguous, plus it's always a metal move to crack a beer bottle over someone's head. I hope I get the chance to do that one day.

A full bottle of beer does a TON of damage. Had an acquaintance get cracked over the head at a bar and it was bad for him, spent 2 days in hospital. Plus the guy that cracked him spent a few days in jail.

If I ever do it to someone, rest assured that person will TOTALLY DESERVE IT. Like he or she will have put his hands on my woman or disparaged Dale Murphy or something. You do that, it's Miller time.

I've got a feeling Beeman is going to wreak havoc going after the Russians now that Amador is dead. I love what they're doing with the subplots with this show. It keeps you guessing and you have no earthly idea what will happen next.

This is a really good show. The President of FX, John Landgraf, was interviewed on Grantland's Hollywood Prospectus podcast yesterday, and it's clear why they keep putting out quality shows. The guy just gets it. IMO, FX is right there with HBO as the 2 best networks on TV.

I was about to write a counter-point that FX had some catching up to do with AMC, but I looked at FX's roster and they have more depth of good shows than AMC. I was initially thinking of Mad Men and Breaking Bad, which are better than anything FX has but Archer, The League, Sunny, Louie, Americans and Wilfred made me realize FX indeed had a leg up on AMC.

Back