• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Americans on Fx

I was about to write a counter-point that FX had some catching up to do with AMC, but I looked at FX's roster and they have more depth of good shows than AMC. I was initially thinking of Mad Men and Breaking Bad, which are better than anything FX has but Archer, The League, Sunny, Louie, Americans and Wilfred made me realize FX indeed had a leg up on AMC.

IMO, Mad Men and Breaking Bad are better than anything on FX or HBO, but, you're right, it's a question of depth. FX has a deep bench of great and good shows. To me, AMC is in a tier below FX and HBO. It'll be interesting to see what AMC does after Breaking Bad ends this summer and Mad Men goes away next year.

Don't mean to derail this thread, by the way. It was pretty cool of FX to acknowledge the fuck up that resulted in everyone's DVR cutting off the last 7 minutes of this week's episode. It's available now for free online if it happened to you.

Don't mean to derail this thread, by the way. It was pretty cool of FX to acknowledge the fuck up that resulted in everyone's DVR cutting off the last 7 minutes of this week's episode. It's available now for free online if it happened to you.

Pos Rep. Pissed me off when It cut off

I watched the last 7 minutes and they are a must view if you watch this show. Makes me almost think it was done on purpose to get some press, social media and website traffic for the show. I really like this show.

Really great show. Hopefully they can keep it going and not fall off the Homeland cliff of dick-sucking

Just watched last week's episode. This may be my favorite show on TV now. Agree that Beeman is going to lose control now and his Russian chicka is donezo.

Just watched last week's episode. This may be my favorite show on TV now. Agree that Beeman is going to lose control now and his Russian chicka is donezo.

I feel like she is working him

I think this is my favorite show (outside of Mad Men) as well. Last week's episode was fantastic.

I predict Beeman's recklessness gets Russian chicka killed and he kills himself in season finale.

Smart move with Beeman. They brought his character down to the same level as the Russkie spies, whereas before he seemed to have the moral upper hand.

Also, this show gets away with showing more T&A and sex without actually showing T&A than any show I've seen.

Hell on Wheels on AMC is very good.

I think that show is a mess. I've watched the first two seasons, and it's like they can't figure out what to do. First season he was chasing down the guys that killed his family. Second season he built a railroad. (SPOILER ALERT) Then it looks like they decided to reboot the show at the end of the second season by ending it the way they did. Did it even get renewed for a 3rd season?

Smart move with Beeman. They brought his character down to the same level as the Russkie spies, whereas before he seemed to have the moral upper hand.

Also, this show gets away with showing more T&A and sex without actually showing T&A than any show I've seen.

Epic sideboob on this show. Although Mad Men tried to one up them with some solid Megan sideboob in the premier.

I think that show is a mess. I've watched the first two seasons, and it's like they can't figure out what to do. First season he was chasing down the guys that killed his family. Second season he built a railroad. (SPOILER ALERT) Then it looks like they decided to reboot the show at the end of the second season by ending it the way they did. Did it even get renewed for a 3rd season?

I love this show, and they did renew it for season 3. However, I think the entire production crew and writers are different. Not too mention they killed off my favorite character. It will be very different. On another note, I was also confused about the dvr screwup, but I dvrd the 11 PM one, so inadvertently saw the end before the beginning!

Epic sideboob on this show. Although Mad Men tried to one up them with some solid Megan sideboob in the premier.

Not just side boob. That scene with the hooker had her riding that guy pretty hard. If the show was truly true to the 80s, we would've seen some side bush there. Also, he was frigging nailing the nerdy FBI secretary chick at the beginning of last week's show and her tits were covered, but were seriously flopping back and forth while she screamed at him to shoot his love into her. I thought, holy shit, this is almost Skinemax stuff.

Fun show.

Def think it was a mistake to kill Chris BUT I think the writers wanted the show to get SERIOUS. Well, shit just got real

The whole season has been just awesome. Some of the eps are just so well written.

Reaaalllly curious about how they end the season though. As good as each particular ep is, it's really unclear what the actual story is so far. Sometimes it feels like the whole thing is just a marital drama, and other times we get hints that the missile defense stuff is important. Each episode seems to involve a different KJB mission, but the missions themselves don't really advance the story much (kind of like that Fox show Alcatraz where each ep was about a different prisoner). We're 9 episodes down, and I feel like there should be some sort of end in sight.

The whole season has been just awesome. Some of the eps are just so well written.

Reaaalllly curious about how they end the season though. As good as each particular ep is, it's really unclear what the actual story is so far. Sometimes it feels like the whole thing is just a marital drama, and other times we get hints that the missile defense stuff is important. Each episode seems to involve a different KGB mission, but the missions themselves don't really advance the story much (kind of like that Fox show Alcatraz where each ep was about a different prisoner). We're 9 episodes down, and I feel like there should be some sort of end in sight.

FIFY

Two major supporting characters killed in two weeks. Pretty intense.

Back