• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Americans on Fx

Yeah, hoooly shit.

This season has had some gut-punching scenes. The old lady murder and the "do you have to make it real with me?" scene stick out.

And though it wasn't a gut punch or anything, I thought the scene with Philip and Elizabeth getting high was pretty awesome.

the tooth pull and the suitcase were both brutal. so many great moments this season.

agree. this has been my favorite season and easily one of the top 3 shows (and may end up as the best).

Yeah. Uh, wow. That last scene with Stan and the knives and centering the frame on Paige. Jesus.

Another great episode. So much potential. They should just go ahead and kill the black husband. The end wig scene was cool thought she would attack him and also thought why not just let her go to her mothers and run her off the road or something she's probably pretty useless now.

When he was taking off the wig my wife said "she's not gonna be upset Since he's much cuter now."

Just caught up. So Martha is about to die, right?

That was the impression I got. Why expose his true identity unless it's going along with this nice guy telling the truth bullshit like they did with Paige. Note, I do not like the angle the Paige story has taken, but overall this season has been the best.

Sucks to be Martha. They really developed her character well this year.

Gonna have to kill Pastor Tim, and maybe his family. Wonder how Phillip is going to like that?

How long of a leash does Paige get before she's deemed a liability?

We're back tonight.

Vanderwerff and Sepinwall are once again praising it.

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/16/11243942/the-americans-review-season-4-fx
(Some minor spoilers therein)

There's been a slight shift in the way people talk about The Americans as it begins season four. No longer standing in the shadow of series like Mad Men or Breaking Bad, it's now become the de facto "best show on TV" in many critics' preseason reviews.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...ore-about-the-americans-than-poor-martha-does
(Full Sepinwall review isn't out yet)

The Americans returns Wednesday night at 10 on FX. It was, is, and will likely continue to be for as long as it's on the air (my guess would be we have at least another season to look forward to after this one), one of the very best shows on TV. The first four episodes are stunning, and the premiere in particular is a great showcase for Wright as Martha.

Very good premier. Tons of stuff going on and the season teaser at the end looks really good.

Shame that everyone is not watching this.

Did they already say this is the last season or am I confusing that with downtown abby?

Showrunners were on Andy Greenwald's podcast and are already working on next season (season 5). Sounds like it will be the last.

Showrunners were on Andy Greenwald's podcast and are already working on next season (season 5). Sounds like it will be the last.

I doubt Phillip could emotionally handle another season worth of storylines. He is a walking time bomb and has been since he killed the kid taking his milk.

Yeah, I'd say next season will be the last. There's been a lot of talk about how the show is structured as a 5 act play, with them telling Paige acting as a climax. Would make sense that this season is (roughly) Act 4, especially with how dat noose is already tightening on Philip and Elizabeth.

I thought the scene in last week's episode with the tobacco tin was about as well done as any TV scene I've seen this year. I remember being a little annoyed that the flash of Stan shoving Phil in the promo was just going to be stupid Sandra drama, but then they went and put a fragile bioweapon in Phil's pocket and god. This show knows what the fuck it's doing at all times and I am sorry I ever doubted it.

Maybe with the exception of Fargo (I still haven't watched S2; shame on me, yes, I know), this is the best thing on TV since Mad Men wrapped up, and it ain't close.

Also, I love how they've turned Martha from a sadsack doofus into one of the richest characters on the show. She's so good.

I wonder if that computer was loaded with classic early games such as The Siberian Trail and Where in the USSR is Anastasiya Moscow?

In Soviet Russia, dysentery dies of you!

Philip is my current favorite character on tv now, a worthy successor to Walter White.

Back