• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Americans on Fx

SC DEAC

Reaction score
was skeptical of this but ended up loving it. Will definitely keep watching.

Yep, I recorded it and watched it late last night too. Really, really promising pilot.

Definitely thought the acting was great by television standards, and the dialogue was pretty clever at times. It's a pretty raw show (explicit sex scene, rape, stabbing, strangling, and destroying a body with acid all in the first episode?!), but damn if it wasn't captivating.

You have to love the layers of deception and strained allegiances going on, too. Between the FBI, the FBI agent that lives next door, the KGB, the KGB main characters (Phillip and Elizabeth), and their children, there are sooo many actors that will potentially butt heads and deceive each other. Can't fucking wait.

I do want to watch it, but the casting of Russell seems wrong to me. I just don't buy her as a cold war era Soviet spy.

I do want to watch it, but the casting of Russell seems wrong to me. I just don't buy her as a cold war era Soviet spy.

She's a stone cold killer. It might be the best part of the casting. It's hard to take such a beautiful woman and make you legitimately afraid of her.

DVR'd it, looking forward to checking it out

Same. Really looking forward to it. One of my buddies works in that world and was involved in the roll-up of the spies around here. He and his industry friends love shit like this and Homeland because it makes their otherwise normal jobs seem pretty exciting. I'm really surprised that my friend is actually able to suspend reality for the sake of enjoying these shows, since that isn't really his nature.

GF and i watched it last night, thought it was pretty great. Will def keep it on the DVR cycle

I enjoyed it. Can definitely see some episodes being slow though. Casting is good, and plot so far is very good. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it, and especially at some point when the kids ultimately find out.

I watched it just because of the good reviews it was getting. I need a new serial show anyway and it seems promising so far.

Plus, the dad and kid are Caps fans so that should be good for about a billion jokes. Poor kid has no idea what he's getting into.

I really dont understand America's appetite for boring, poorly acted, lowest common denominator network drama. Are you people really THAT bored?

I really dont understand America's appetite for boring, poorly acted, lowest common denominator network drama. Are you people really THAT bored?

So you watched the show and that was your opinion? Boring, poorly acted, lowest common denominator?

We'll have to disagree. It's only one episode down, but the show was very well done.

I agree, but it doesn't look like The Americans falls into that category?

love me some kerri. so sexy.

thought it was pretty good when comcast wasnt pulling a captain on me.

I agree, but it doesn't look like The Americans falls into that category?

I saw about 20 mins., and yes. Keri Russell and that goof are not believable as deep cover KGB or whatever. Awful stereotypical russian accents.

The dadbro like 'training' his kids with the ice cream: 'keep your eyes on it, guage the distance'. Just fucking corny all around.

You watched twenty minutes of a 90 minute pilot.

What I want to know is if the finger in the butt is something they learned in training.

That was an excellent pilot.

220px-Chesley_Sullenberger_honored_crop.jpg

Back