• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

100 Years ago today

I assumed he was announcing his birthday when I saw the title.

What on earth does this possibly have to do with the thread?

Hilarious when people who went to segregated schools posture and lecture about the civil rights movement. Typical tired, do-as-I-say hypocrisy.

On the other hand, you make a good point. The more I think about it, it must be far easier to preach and posture about civil rights for others, as long as you don't actually, ya know, have to get any where close to practicing it in your own life. That WOULD be much easier, wouldn't it? You guys are smarter than I give you credit for.

Last edited:
Hilarious when people who went to segregated schools posture and lecture about the civil rights movement. Typical tired, do-as-I-say hypocrisy.

On the other hand, you make a good point. The more I think about it, it must be far easier to preach and posture about civil rights for others, as long as you don't actually, ya know, have to get any where close to practicing it in your own life. That WOULD be much easier, wouldn't it? You guys are smarter than I give you credit for.

You realize that students don't choose the school district their parents' house is in, right?

You realize that students don't choose the school district their parents' house is in, right?

RJ grew up in Philly, IIRC. Doubt there was any planned segregation. I grew up in an upper middle class town in northern NJ - sure wasn't any segregation there, either.

Dude, RJ wasn't lecturing anybody about the civil rights movement with this thread.

Stop tilting at windmills.

What about the adult white people in the 1960's who attended segregated schools as children and joined MLK in his marches? Were they posturing?

I'd rather give someone the benefit of the doubt for honoring someone who did something courageous, even if they're a bit uneasy about it, than condemn them as a poseur.

And, to me, your post implies that there is something inherently wrong with having to attend integrated schools. Is that what you were trying to say?

What about the adult white people in the 1960's who attended segregated schools as children and joined MLK in his marches? Were they posturing?

I'd rather give someone the benefit of the doubt for honoring someone who did something courageous, even if they're a bit uneasy about it, than condemn them as a poseur.

And, to me, your post implies that there is something inherently wrong with having to attend integrated schools. Is that what you were trying to say?

You don't think the "Mother Parks" bit is a little much?

Posers going to pose, I guess.

The people that are posturing are the ones who support policies that continue to subjugate the black community to single parent homes, failing, unaccountable public schools and multigenerational government dependence. I'm sure that's what Rosa Parks had in mind. All while ostensibly looking out for their best interests, you understand. Throw in some insincere homage to a person like Rosa Parks, and you're good to go, amirite?

Last edited:
You don't think the "Mother Parks" bit is a little much?

Posers going to pose, I guess.

I would characterize the posts of one poster on this thread as "a little much".

(#Hint: it's not RJ)

Back