• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bz Radio Show Tonight

A 'we want battle' chant would probably be the most insulting and degrading chant possible. A man as cocky as [Redacted] hearing fans chanting for his assistant.. I wouldn't be surprised for his head to explode.... So basically I'm saying it's a fantastic idea and might be the most effective chant I've heard mentioned. 'fire - Ron - Wellman' would also be hilarious as he sits there and wines and dines with the BOT..

Can you imagine if we still had Tony Woods to hold the paint down? He's putting up decent numbers at Oregon and would have been a tremendous help here. Damn Media skewing the actual story

Can you imagine if we still had Tony Woods to hold the paint down? He's putting up decent numbers at Oregon and would have been a tremendous help here. Damn Media skewing the actual story

He mentioned Tony Woods. "We had one guy who hit a girl twice. Are you kidding me? You're outta here."
Yes, direct quote. With a thumb over the shoulder motion. (I don't really have a strong opinion either way on Woods. Misconstrued, but still a mess. Just offering info)

For all the pseudo military tough guy bullshit stuff [Redacted] tries to pull, let me say definitively that the military (even the Navy) would eat him alive. It's a no excuse culture. He'd never last. (Don't get me started on uniforms and Bzz's tie length ...)

You'd think so, but he had a solid stint at Air Force which is why he thinks he can get a away with the pseudo military tough guy BS.

I wonder why Travis and CJ would think about the jerk quote. I'm guessing they still keep it touch with many of their old teammates.

ncb_a_wellbzd_400.jpg

If an applicant wore that tie to interview in my office I would ask him to leave. Let alone give him a million dollars a year to suck balls.

He mentioned Tony Woods. "We had one guy who hit a girl twice. Are you kidding me? You're outta here."
Yes, direct quote. With a thumb over the shoulder motion. (I don't really have a strong opinion either way on Woods. Misconstrued, but still a mess. Just offering info)

Thats funny because Tony chose to leave...Bz didn't kick him off of the team.

Tony Woods would have matriculated by now and would not be at Wake. He was in the vaunted A T & T class [ supposedly second best of all time after the best of Big E, Ellis, JGray & Strickland-lol ]. Meanwhile I will take as my best class of my time around Wake--R Rogers, Randolph Childress, Tre Owens & Marc Blucas. That class turned everything around and led to 2 ACC titles.

Soon [Redacted] will be taking credit for (finally) kicking Ty Walker off the team...

Just talked to someone who was there tonight who said this was not said. Anyone know if this was said?

Upon Battle's name being left out in the assistant coach talk, I asked if there was still the possibility of Battle leaving. The first thing he said in his answer was "nobody is bigger than the program." He also got defensive and acted as if I had said Battle was solely responsible for recruiting every player on the team. He also said a lot of other things, but they were all useless and came to the same effect.

I could be totally misinterpreting this and he never said it in so many words, but it seems a little to me as if Coach Battle is leaving, or thinking about leaving, and this was Buzz saying that we will be ok without him

A 'we want battle' chant would probably be the most insulting and degrading chant possible. A man as cocky as [Redacted] hearing fans chanting for his assistant.. I wouldn't be surprised for his head to explode.... So basically I'm saying it's a fantastic idea and might be the most effective chant I've heard mentioned. 'fire - Ron - Wellman' would also be hilarious as he sits there and wines and dines with the BOT..

Completely agree. This would be fucking gold. Still very clearly gets the point across that we want Bz outta here. It also might be an easier pill to swallow for some of the more ornery fans in attendance who will probably get their panties in a wad at the chants explicitly naming [Redacted] and calling for his head. It shows that we're obviously still supporting WFU, the players and the assistants, just not [Redacted].

Wow was Tony ever convicted of anything? Sorry for the ignorant question, but if he wasn't convicted of hitting a girl twice, can Bzz legally tell that to the 'public'

This is absurd. And, every indication is that Woods chose not to come back.

Charges were dropped. Her mother was the one who pushed to have charges put against him. BOTH mothers were at the apartment at the time and if something serious really happened, then why didn't they do something about it then and not a few days later? His girlfriend even said she fell out of bed he day before and that could have been the root of her back pain.

2-44 on the road in the ACC? Are you kidding me? You're outta here.

Yeah I am in the same graduating class as Ari and he sucked. When we were both freshmen he came onto my hall at like midnight and coerced his way into the room next to mine since a manager lived there. He woke my friend up (managers roommate) and asked him for condoms so he could bone some chick on the first floor. My friend who was asleep doesn't care about sports and got really pissed at Ari for barging into his room. Ari's response was, "But I'm Ari Stewart, don't you know who I am?" My friend wouldn't give him condoms so Ari left but on they way out he took some of his food. Good times. I have heard nothing but bad stories about Ari.

Back