• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's tennis

Lee won his first set after being down a break. He looked sluggish and nervous early in the set.

He ended up winning 6-4, 6-3. Good showing for the Wake contingent so far today.

If you haven't been, the WS Open is a lot of fun. You can watch a ton of world class matches in a session.

Noah Rubin will play his first ATP match tomorrow night at 7 on center court.

5-2. Rubin has had multiple opportunities to break; I believe 4 games have gone to duece.

He has hit some impressive shots, but at times has been a little wild and impatient.

Last edited:
another break to lead the second 4-0. This against a former NCAA champion who is making a very nice living on the pro tour.

Rubin served for the match at 5-4 and didn't win a point. Sent a couple forehand wide.

To draw even from 4-1 down in the third and lose in a close tie-breaker really impressive.

Klahn Def Rubin in 3rd set tiebreak. Rubin played well enough to win until the late games. Nerves got to him in the tiebreak.

He will win a lot of matches at Wake.

I drove from Raleigh to watch Rubin play, and was not disappointed. He can play. A point or two here and there and he would have won it. But that is tennis. He hit enough remarkable shots to compete with anyone. Really. Think David Ferrer. Same size and as David, but Rubin may have a better serve. Remarkable poise - even after some unforced errors, he came back and hit great shots.

Indeed, maybe he plays too well. I can see him go pro before playing any college matches.

It is a shame that Isner hurt his foot and pulled out today because he & Querry were fun to watch last night, especially on their bullet serves. Being at the end of the court and watching those guys serve from one end and watch the other players try to return serve from that end showed just how much speed & agility is at the top end of the tennis game. Isner topped out I think with one at 137 mph on one ace.

Back