• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

ha, yes. i definitely understand those sentiments. the top of my shorts hit at a pretty miserable point for me. but oh well. it's still better than dying in the heat.

that's how i'm feeling about today. plus, a little sun wouldn't hurt.

i don't see myself getting through the summer without switching to shirtless and i'm not quite there yet as a guy but the humidity is just awful after a solid winter of training

at least most of my runs are predawn

Wait. I thought Jersey was InTheKnow?

I was just being lazy and stalking instead of registering. Not sure why running shirtless motivated me.

you would have thought that boston would have motivated you. great job, by the way!

Don't even joke about this. Worst experience of my life. I would negrep you, but I don't have the heart.

I don't really want food poisoning, hoops made the joke first as a way to lose weight. Just jokes!

i am not quite to where i'm w/out a shirt, but my shirts are getting smaller and smaller. i sweat like a crazy person, and lately running w/ a shirt on feels like running in my down jacket; completely smothering and constricting. i might just say screw it today and go w/out... i certainly won't be the WORST looking person who's ever done it.

Not sure if this link will work, but it's for my favorite running tank. I've got three. Really thin, almost tissue-paper thin (it is a bit snaggable), racerback, and a flattering fit for me. Long enough too. I've got a bunch of running tanks, esp those with built in bras, that are much thicker and therefore much less comfortable. These tanks are great and nothing like a down jacket. ;)

While, like I said, some days I would like nothing more than to strip off my shirt and just go, I am probably better off with a bit more coverage for my super-fair skin.

That said - if you're feeling it - skip the shirt! Enjoy!

i don't see myself getting through the summer without switching to shirtless and i'm not quite there yet as a guy but the humidity is just awful after a solid winter of training

at least most of my runs are predawn

I see ginormous men, like could-be-8-months-pregnant-with-triplets men, running shirtless. You'll be fine.

Shirts = Out
Running Social = In

Welcome to the boards.

BTW I think I prob need to stop being so neurotic and just go to the social, I know at least a few people that are going anyway.

Welcome to the boards.

BTW I think I prob need to stop being so neurotic and just go to the social, I know at least a few people that are going anyway.

i'm assuming your wife would come along. so what's the big deal? it's not like you'd be rolling in alone.

i'm assuming your wife would come along. so what's the big deal? it's not like you'd be rolling in alone.

:foreveralone:

...i couldn't help myself, that's the first time i've been remotely able to use that guy and i took advantage of the situation.

She works retail so I'm not sure what her hours will be yet, but there are a few people I run with on Thursdays that are planning on going so I'll be there.

had a pretty good run this afternoon (with my shirt on). it was short due to time constraints, but kept it at 8:15 for 2.6 miles and felt really good the whole time. i've decided my heart rate is just going to be high when i run, and since i've decided to stop freaking out about that things have been more effortless.

mile repeats tonight at the track. the first two were right on target. the third one i crashed and buuuuuurned. it's discouraging since i have my first ever (ok, not first ever. but first in over 10 years, so essentially first ever) 5k on saturday, and i was counting on this run to tell me whether or not i was really ready. granted, i got home and checked the mcmillan calculator for my goal 5k pace, and it's still telling me that i'm on target for my goal pace. but now i feel mentally off.

Which 5k are you running Hoops?

I made it 1/2 mile yesterday before I ran into a friend who told me the track was closed for a meet. Instead of changing my workout I turned around, walked home, and proceeded to play with my new puppy instead of working out. It was way better than 800m repeats.

Which 5k are you running Hoops?

I made it 1/2 mile yesterday before I ran into a friend who told me the track was closed for a meet. Instead of changing my workout I turned around, walked home, and proceeded to play with my new puppy instead of working out. It was way better than 800m repeats.

i'm doing the whole grand prix series, so i'm doing skyline this weekend. i'm assuming you're running it too?

and i showed up at jcsu yesterday and saw ten thousand cars parked there, and swarms of people heading to the track. i didn't even try to head down there and see if they were still letting people use the track. i just headed to marion diehl, which is where i used to do workouts before we started going up to jcsu. lots of walkers (on inside lanes. AHHHHHHHH) at MD, and it's an asphalt track. so i don't like it. but it's better than nothing.

or rather, playing with a puppy sounds way better.

Last edited:
Back