• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

i hate hate hate that i didn't take the "sick" day that i had wanted to take today. it's killing me to not get to watch/follow this.

fellow poster JimBoeheim is running Boston today. Hope he's doing well!

I don't think I'll ever be fast enough to qualify.

Have any of you guys ever qualified for Boston?

i haven't, but hope to this year. i'm not far off.

jerseydeac (not sure if she made it over to this board or not), has qualified several times (and she's not exactly barely qualifying either...she runs about a 3:00 marathon, and the qualifying standard is 3:40)

1:10:59 15K for my sister

i hope that training/living at altitude helps or she's going to blow up later

i ran boston back in 2003 along with will ferrell...needless to say, i stomped his ass.

wow, looks like new world record marathon time of 2:03:01 or 2:03:02 by Mutai of Kenya.

wow, looks like new world record marathon time of 2:03:01 or 2:03:02 by Mutai of Kenya.

Very impressive but I don't think Boston is eligible because of its elevation change. Courses, like NY, that are point-to-point, i.e., the start and finish are not close enough, are record-eligible if the wind isn't too strong.

I have a question for anyone that has had a knee blow out or ACL/MCL issue. I have always lifted weights and ran a good bit, and mixed it up with body sculpt classes, stuff like that. Recently, I notice after my workouts that my right knee feels a tiny bit swollen and I can feel it doing squats or other knee bending exercises too. It does not hurt at all, but it just feels noticeable...like my right knee is saying hello there, I'm here. Is this the precursor to a serious issue? Is there even anything you can do other than stretching and taking it easy? I've laid off the intense workouts for the past couple of weeks, but when I went for a run and did some weights over the weekend, I could feel the knee again during squats and after the workout. I assume this is a warning sign...but if it doesn't get worse or could possibly go away that would be sweet. Most people I know that have blown their ACL/MCL seem to have had no warning or it was due to an awkward twist or fall. Anybody experience something similar?

I'm not a doctor but I would guess that you have a minor tear of something, either a ligament or the meniscus. Or it could be that your meniscus has just worn down after years of use. Or you could just have some fluid on the knee that needs to be drained. The first thing that's going to happen after you get referred to an orthopedist is he'll order an MRI. Then he can diagnose it. In the meantime, I'd stop doing squats and ice it.

Back