• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

Beasted our 4.44 mile route again tonight, since I forgot my Garmin at home I had to rely on the 2 people that finished in front of me, but I think I ran about 20 seconds better than last week, so maybe 33:45ish? I think my plan for Racefest is to run 8 minute miles the whole way through unless I feel really good at the end.

supplemented my bad run w/ a 30min spin tonight. still not feeling awesome.

Bad run this morning.

1200m, 800m, 400m intervals. Felt sluggish and unmotivated.

Bad run this morning.

1200m, 800m, 400m intervals. Felt sluggish and unmotivated.

this was me yesterday. i tried doing 800 repeats. looking at my times now, they don't look too bad. they're in line with where i usually like to have them. but they didn't feel good at the time. i cut the workout short (but that was also due to racing daylight)

So I'm trying to get back in good enough shape to run the Pittsburgh Half-Marathon in a month. Ran a few 5-6 years ago in NC, but haven't done it again since. Usually I run a 4 mile loop once or twice a week.

Ran 7 miles yesterday. My body hurts.

Just posted my longest run ever this morning--20 miles. My previous long run was 15 miles and that was in November. I haven't run anything over 13 yet this year. I did great through the 18 (8:45 pace) but then crashed hard at 19 but I was still able to finish in just under 3 hrs. My group only stopped for water once at mile 10, so I know hydration was an issue (and not eating enough last night or this morning). I am going to be hurting big time tomorrow, but feel overall encouraged. Maybe its time to finally consider running a marathon.

If you can do 20, you can do 26.2. Good job on the long run today.

If you can do 20, you can do 26.2. Good job on the long run today.

part of me agrees with this. but the other part of me says "noooooooo, not yet!" before my first marathon, i had only done one 20 miler, and i had jumped to the 20 from 16. i was in no way prepared for a full marathon. i would definitely suggest continuing to hit 18-20 a couple more times before actually trying a marathon.

Beasted our 4.44 mile route again tonight, since I forgot my Garmin at home I had to rely on the 2 people that finished in front of me, but I think I ran about 20 seconds better than last week, so maybe 33:45ish? I think my plan for Racefest is to run 8 minute miles the whole way through unless I feel really good at the end.

hey, IO, i didn't see your name in the racefest results. did you run? if so, how'd you do?

hey, IO, i didn't see your name in the racefest results. did you run? if so, how'd you do?

Umm...I decided not to run since the weather in Mount Holly was beyond awful and they were calling for thunderstorms, and I REALLY didn't want to run another race in the rain after running the Cincy 26.2 last year in a downpour. I think Charlotte didn't get it as bad, and I definitely should have run it yesterday but I'm trying not to be salty about it. To make up for it, I went to the McMullen Greenway this morning and ran a 13.1 in about 1:43:24 which would be about a 4:30 PR for me.

Were you on the Greenway today,I thought I passed someone who looked like you a few times.

Umm...I decided not to run since the weather in Mount Holly was beyond awful and they were calling for thunderstorms, and I REALLY didn't want to run another race in the rain after running the Cincy 26.2 last year in a downpour. I think Charlotte didn't get it as bad, and I definitely should have run it yesterday but I'm trying not to be salty about it. To make up for it, I went to the McMullen Greenway this morning and ran a 13.1 in about 1:43:24 which would be about a 4:30 PR for me.

Were you on the Greenway today,I thought I passed someone who looked like you a few times.

yep, that was me. passed you twice. you did look like you were moving this morning!

I saw at least one guy with a CRC shirt on so I figured you were all together. How much did you do? I ended up running about a 7:53 pace for the whole thing, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Really enjoyed my 14 this morning in Belmont. Ran 8 easy, then 2 sets of 2-mile repeats at goal race pace, 2 mile cooldown.

By the last repeat my mind was trying to get me to slow down but fought through the urge.

I saw at least one guy with a CRC shirt on so I figured you were all together. How much did you do? I ended up running about a 7:53 pace for the whole thing, so I'm pretty happy about that.

yeah, he was with us. there were maybe 8 of us this morning, but it wasn't a CRC run. it's just a meetup run that happens every sunday morning. we just do end to end and back. some of the overachievers will add on a bit on the far end so that it's an even 12. i'm personally happy enough with the 11.4-11.5.

i did the marine corp mud run yesterday where i asked my body to do things that i NEVER ask it to do. my whole body aches. my upper body especially, but also some of the lesser-used lower body muscles. so i had planned to go easy this morning. somehow it became 8:27 average, which is really faster than i prefer to do my long runs. but it felt good. when i start really marathon training again, i'm going to have to quit doing my long runs on the flat greenway. but for now, i'm enjoying no hills and some faster miles.

part of me agrees with this. but the other part of me says "noooooooo, not yet!" before my first marathon, i had only done one 20 miler, and i had jumped to the 20 from 16. i was in no way prepared for a full marathon. i would definitely suggest continuing to hit 18-20 a couple more times before actually trying a marathon.

There's no way in hell I am ready for a full marathon. I would need to feel like I wasn't going to vomit after 20 to even remotely feel like I could run a full marathon. Also, if I don't think that I can finish below 4:00 going into it, I wouldn't run one.

Back