• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

How long do y’all give new shoes to get adjusted to? It’s my first pair of new shoes I’ve gotten since starting off with mizunos. I’m 10 miles in on Saucony Guide 13 and my right achilles to calf is not liking them, or something has happened to it.

I don’t switch models a lot, so I don’t need much break-in.

Do the Glides have a lower heel drop?

All day err day. Add the pivot swing away to make even betterer.

We have a Yakima that's been working well for us, and fits as small as a 24" bike.
The Kuats are more awesome and more expensive.
If money is no object, 1up bike racks are the absolute best.

Brooks new line of shoes were released. Zappos is selling of last years models for 20% off if you had a pair you really liked. I bought an extra pair of ghosts. I only have about 300 miles on my current pair, but I can just throw the new ones in the basement until my current ones fall apart.

Posted a 10K PR today - 51:41, after starting to run again on 8/1. Almost 3.5 minutes faster than my 10K time last year (10/20/19), so I'm really happy with that effort overall. Learned a lot about myself through this training cycle - I really dialed back on volume and kept running to only 3 days a week, supplementing with rowing 1 day and walking/hiking with the kids another day allowing for 2 full 'rest' days. Sticking to 3 days a week of running really helped me feel fresh through this cycle. The rowing gave me an easy way to do some low-impact interval work.

As it's starting to cool down in the mornings in Denver, I probably won't be getting after it too much longer. Thinking I'll switch to the rower by 11/1.

Getting ready to get dressed for the virtual half-marathon for the second part of my 2-course 19.3mi race.

This stuff is a lot harder without crowds and competition.

Good luck, bym!

Thanks! Between lack of motivation for training, a hilly course and no competition, I got both runs done about 1min / mile slower than I should’ve. In the Covid world, I’m ok with that.

Kudos to my wife, who met me at 7mi with water and gel.

Thanks! Between lack of motivation for training, a hilly course and no competition, I got both runs done about 1min / mile slower than I should’ve. In the Covid world, I’m ok with that.

Congrats, bro!!!

Congratulations man - way to power through the adversity and abnormality!

Damn...I was the last person to comment here and now I'm bringing it back.

Just bought a long-tail e-bike to haul the kids around. It should ship in April which will be just in time to get it set up for summer cruising with my kids.

I’ve able to go mountain biking twice in the last three weeks which has rekindled the spark. Helps that I’m in better shape than when I last rode like a year ago. Unfortunately it also has me dreaming about upgrades which I’ll obviously never get in this zero inventory environment, but that probably helps because I don’t need to worry about actually following through.

I’ve able to go mountain biking twice in the last three weeks which has rekindled the spark. Helps that I’m in better shape than when I last rode like a year ago. Unfortunately it also has me dreaming about upgrades which I’ll obviously never get in this zero inventory environment, but that probably helps because I don’t need to worry about actually following through.

Where are you riding at? I've been spending my weekends trail running because I'm scared of ATS's wife, but as soon as this mud run is over in a month I'm getting the bike back out. I'm also thinking of getting a nicer bike, as my trek3700, serviceable as it is, is apparently super heavy and the reason why I'm slower than I should be according to my sister-in-law who is a competitive rider.

The CLT area has quite a few well maintained mtb trail systems locally.

The CLT area has quite a few well maintained mtb trail systems locally.

If you ever feel like riding an hour north for about a hundred miles of really, really solid trails, holler at your boy.

My problem seeing all the new bike pictures on Reddit and realizing their technology and components are so much more advanced than mine, even though my bike was a pretty solid investment like 5 years ago.

Back