• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

also, if anyone wants to teleport me a pair of asics kayano 13's i'd be eternally grateful. these 15's are just not the same.

i miss those shoes like a retard misses the point.

also, if anyone wants to teleport me a pair of asics kayano 13's i'd be eternally grateful. these 15's are just not the same.

i miss those shoes like a retard misses the point.

OMG YES!!!!!! I bought these over and over (even stalking them out on eBay) until I could no longer find them in my size. I don't like the newer ones near as much.

OMG YES!!!!!! I bought these over and over (even stalking them out on eBay) until I could no longer find them in my size. I don't like the newer ones near as much.

I still have my 3 year old pair as gym shoes. I've kicked the shit out of them but they're still more comfortable than these 15s. wouldn't be much support to run in anymore though :(

I'll definitely look for another pair online sometime...

they are ALL OVER THE PLACE in the triangle area (Cary, specifically).

the only ones that will ever earn a place on my car are 70.3 or 140.6 (half ironman or full ironman triathlon).

i refuse to do 13.1 or 26.2. but i have the 2,175 on my car for my AT thru-hike. that was way harder than a marathon could ever be, just for the sheer mental stamina it took to live in the green tunnel for 4 months.

Does anyone know if the water fountains are back up at Salem Lake, since it's springtime now?

i refuse to do 13.1 or 26.2. but i have the 2,175 on my car for my AT thru-hike. that was way harder than a marathon could ever be, just for the sheer mental stamina it took to live in the green tunnel for 4 months.

that would be car-worthy.

i do find the stickers kind of funny, "look at me! yes, i'm driving this car all over town and the 500yds from my house to the grocery store because i can... but i just wanted to let you know that i've run much farther."

i have no problem with the stickers. it's a big accomplishment for people and they want to celebrate it. i won't put a 13.1 up but will definitely put a 26.2 if/when i achieve that distance.

I would put the AT sticker on my car. I've got a long way to go however.

ok, pit, i am working on (temporarily) making the switch from purely half-marathon/full marathon to shorter distances. this is causing me to really need to increase my speed. so i've been doing weekly track workouts, and i'm well aware that track workouts are what is going to help me achieve my goals. but now i need to know: what KIND of track workouts?

i've been pretty consistently doing 800s and mile repeats for a while now. but with the switch to 5ks, should i be doing shorter stuff? 200s and 400s? or are 800s sufficient? or do i need to alternate weeks between 800s and something shorter? also, i usually keep a 7:00 pace for the mile repeats, or just under for the 800s. what kind of pace should i be shooting for if i'm doing 200s and 400s? and if it matters, i usually do a jogging recovery, but i'm open to changing that if i need to.

12 in the books for the day. Rain started around mile 11. That made the last mile pretty fun. Now I can sit on my ass all day, maybe get drunk.

blah, i need to run but my ankles are crazy stiff today. i'm thinking i'll swim instead?

14 good miles at Salem Lake this morning. the water fountains are not up yet, the dam was flooded over the path and the lake is half drained. Lots of tires have been thrown in over the years! So much mud and muck.

14 good miles at Salem Lake this morning. the water fountains are not up yet, the dam was flooded over the path and the lake is half drained. Lots of tires have been thrown in over the years! So much mud and muck.

Nice miles. Good long run and practice for Warrior Dash in the mud.

I switched to the Nimbus and love them.

i went to the Y this afternoon since it was raining and i decided i wasn't going to do the track workout i had planned for today. ran one treadmill mile before getting bored and decided i would lift then finish up my run outside. i got outside and made it maybe a quarter of a mile before deciding it wasn't even close to worth it. i was already soaked completely and freezing cold. i ended up making it 1.1 outside before i just couldn't do it anymore and went inside to finish up on the treadmill. ugh, i hate treadmills.

a great post-run swim somewhat made up for it, but i'm ready for the sun to come back out.

today was quite possibly the most miserable run i've had in probably more than a year. 12 miles in this cold, wet weather. i got home and my entire core temperature had dropped. it took me multiple hours to get it back to normal so that i wasn't shaking. ugh.

that sucks Hoops, i can imagine the misery, i didn't even enjoy going outside to get in my car to run errands. 12 miles in this would have suuuuucked. hopefully the weather turns soon and spring-like conditions become more consistent

Looks like it will be cold all week in Winston. I was enjoying running in 70 degree weather.

Back