• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

ok, my garmin has quit downloading to my computer. on sunday, it downloaded my time from my quick run around the block with my dog, but then i went out for a long run, and it never downloaded that one. it SAID it was transferring data, but never did (i've just done start/stop/reset/transfer data a couple of times since then too and it keeps saying it's transferring, but doesn't ever show up on the dashboard on garmin connect). it is still in the history log on the watch itself, but will not show up on my computer. i have a 405. any ideas?

Is anybody else running the Cooper River Bridge Run this weekend? This will be (by far) the largest race I have ever run. I'm glad that I'll at least be in the 41 -49 min corral. Tips for running with 40,000 people?

Is anybody else running the Cooper River Bridge Run this weekend? This will be (by far) the largest race I have ever run. I'm glad that I'll at least be in the 41 -49 min corral. Tips for running with 40,000 people?

The ascent from Mt. Pleasant to the crest of the bridge is much steeper than it looks. In previous years, the bridge has been the source major bottle necking, as well.

Take advantage of already being downtown post-race and party with other runners.

The weather has been crappy this week, but Saturday should be nice.

smart move going in a fast corral. the start can take forever for those back further. towards the end of the bridge it bottlenecks into one exit lane, be wary of idiots stopping suddenly here in front of you.

I'm still struggling running three miles. I cannot fathom running 5 even. I guess I should look at this thread as motivation.

sadly (ok, not sadly, it was awesome) i slept way late today, but i do plan on running later... it's going to be warm, which i'm not looking forward to, but i am looking forward to running outside for a change.

I would rather run in horrible heat than run when it's cold out. I am so lame sauce in the winters. I completely abandon running outside because I HATE running in the cold.

shoooooooooooot. i bought a bib off of a friend who isn't using hers. it never even crossed my mind that they line you up according to pace. crap. i am going to be in the way back.

i wasn't really planning on racing it, but i didn't exactly want it to be an hour+ run for me. i wonder if it's possible to move forward...

@DeacHoops,

The year I ran it I had an over an hour bib and started off with the 50-59 group. you can sneak into other corrals i believe. just act like you belong and if someone asks say you bought the bib and are more than capable of running the faster pace

it's such a clusterf*** at the start that i doubt anyone will mind or even notice

make sure you get to the start WAY earlier than you think you need to. I had a bib for my appropriate corral when I ran Cooper River a few years ago, but we got there so late (using the buses from downtown Charleston) that we were unable to get up there. Had to start behind walkers, strollers, etc. I predict I ran an extra 0.5 mile just in the weaving.

Good luck to everyone in having good races! It's a fun run.

I've got a 5k this weekend in Maryland - weather is not looking good.

FYI I had 2 x 2000 intervals this morning. good lord the last quarter mile of that last one about killed me but a good way to simulate tired legs and fast pace.

also finished march with 104 miles.

DeacHawk, that's awesome.

I'm excited because on Weds. I ran my 3.1 in 25'52". Not the fastest time in the world, BUT my goal split for my tri (in 6 weeks) is 25, so that's bumping right along towards my goal. Plus my swim yesterday (750m) I completed in 13:37, so that's also good. Overall, I'm feeling good about my overall goal time of 1:30.
I'm a little on edge right now because my left ankle has been SUPER stiff after running/in the morning- I can't figure out what the deal is there.

wooo 6.07 miles in an hour. Farthest I've gone yet. I'm encouraged that my lungs were giving out before my legs.

112 miles for the year, 49 of them in March.

i ended the month with 158 as my total mileage, but that's including the week where i only ran 12 miles because of the stupid stomach bug that totally put me out of commission for several days. this is the most consistent i've been in a while, so i'm happy with it, but i hope to be above 200 next month.

I ended the month with 37 miles. Pretty happy since this is only my second month running.

Deac2010 said:
I ended the month with 37 miles. Pretty happy since this is only my second month running.

I'm in a similar boat. Started back running full time January 3 of this year.

20 miles today around Belmont in perfect weather. I feel really good about a marathon PR at New River.

20 miles today around Belmont in perfect weather. I feel really good about a marathon PR at New River.

i saw you on Upper Armstrong as I was driving into Belmont for my run this morning. I don't know how in god you run on that road. Too narrow and too many blind curves for my liking

Back