• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

Perhaps this belongs in the parenting thread and this has likely been covered before here but I'll still ask again - what running strollers would any of the parent runners here recommend? Couple things too - we have mostly stuck with Graco products for most of the things we've purchases for our little one, so if there is possibility of integration with Graco a car seat that would be a plus. And my running habits are 5-6 miles 3 times a week, so a little more than casual I'd say but not for marathon training or anything that dramatic.

What’s the best way to train for the hills? Treadmill? With Chicago being as flat as a board, there isn’t much opportunity for outdoor hill training.

Speedwork is hillwork in disguise!

In the past, I've gone to a hill and just run intervals though. Run up, walk down. Repeat.

Perhaps this belongs in the parenting thread and this has likely been covered before here but I'll still ask again - what running strollers would any of the parent runners here recommend? Couple things too - we have mostly stuck with Graco products for most of the things we've purchases for our little one, so if there is possibility of integration with Graco a car seat that would be a plus. And my running habits are 5-6 miles 3 times a week, so a little more than casual I'd say but not for marathon training or anything that dramatic.

Bought this when our son was born and have put a couple thousand miles on it in the five-plus year since. My wife and I say it is the best thing we purchased when he was born. Literally the only thing we have had to do to it is replace the inner tube in tires three times. And there is an attachment you can buy that I believe is compatible with Graco seats (we had Graco also and bought the adaptor, but they have changed slightly since then).

Bought this when our son was born and have put a couple thousand miles on it in the five-plus year since. My wife and I say it is the best thing we purchased when he was born. Literally the only thing we have had to do to it is replace the inner tube in tires three times. And there is an attachment you can buy that I believe is compatible with Graco seats (we had Graco also and bought the adaptor, but they have changed slightly since then).

I haven't done much actual running with it, but I agree the Bob Revolution is one of the best choices. It's also great for strollering "off-road" (like at a pumpkin patch) or stuff like that. And yes, there is a Graco car seat attachment.

Hey everyone who's asked about WFU cycling gear: here's this year's kit order! I verified with the team that this is an open order, and more orders = cheaper pricing.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...eHqflpBAZBk1sxHm0o5F7T8i1STg/viewform?c=0&w=1

From the kit order organizer (who is not me): Historically, jersey/bibs end up being ~50/each (so about $100 for jersey and bibs). The fit of these kits is fairly 'normal' though if anything may edge towards 'euro' (tight), so if you're on the cusp of sizes, maybe err towards the larger size.

Last edited:
wfu%20kit_zpstajpjoqn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
wfu%20kit%20bibs_zpsadksl0xf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thinking about getting some new recovery tights. I've had a pair of CW-X that I've enjoyed, but does anyone else have any brands or styles they recommend?

Thinking about getting some new recovery tights. I've had a pair of CW-X that I've enjoyed, but does anyone else have any brands or styles they recommend?

Mine are 2XU and have done well for me; I got them because they were on sale (I think I paid $80?), but they've been great.
Had I been willing to spend all the money ($150), I would have gotten the CEP ones that go down over your heel/onto your foot.

Doing a week-long bike trip up the Croatian islands between Dubrovnik and Split in a couple months

Doing the Chicago Triathlon in August -- anybody have any favorite training plans?

Loser lottery got me in to the Cherry Blossom again!

I'm coming out of a racing season that saw me set a 6 minute PR in the marathon in late November and just miss my half-marathon PR time by 3 seconds in mid-January. I actually was on pace for a 5 minute PR in the half and at mile 7.5 turned into a 25 mph headwind that I battled for the rest of the race. It was easily the most focused and determined training season I have ever had in my 16 years of running. Lost 23 pounds and once again was running mile splits at age 44 that I used to run in my 30's. I've already determined that the half marathon PR time falls next year.

That being said, running season is coming to an end in south Florida, so my focus now turns to triathlons for the next 4-5 months. I did my first last year, a super sprint, and enjoyed it. The biggest benefit has been the swimming (which I attribute most of the weight loss to). I will do my first Olympic Distance tri in April. Will probably throw in some sprint distances in the next couple of months and another Olympic in September.

Doing a week-long bike trip up the Croatian islands between Dubrovnik and Split in a couple months

Doing the Chicago Triathlon in August -- anybody have any favorite training plans?

Looking at doing the Chicago Triathlon sprint -- is that what you are doing?

Anyone on Zwift for cycling or running? That's been nice with all of the bonkers rain this winter.

I'm doing the WTF trail half marathon next weekend on the 24th. Two legit knee deep river/creek crossings at miles 5 and 9. No idea how that's gonna work out.

Also signed up for King of Pisgah off road cycling series.

Then I'm doing this in March with friends trying to finish in under 10 hours: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29318519

Anyone on Zwift for cycling or running? That's been nice with all of the bonkers rain this winter.

I'm doing the WTF trail half marathon next weekend on the 24th. Two legit knee deep river/creek crossings at miles 5 and 9. No idea how that's gonna work out.

Also signed up for King of Pisgah off road cycling series.

Then I'm doing this in March with friends trying to finish in under 10 hours: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29318519

I did the WTF last year. I had a good time, but wasn't looking to do it again this year.

The weather for last year was nice, but the river was up to my knees (I'm 6'2").

It's a very technical course. I made it in just over 2hr and felt pretty thankful.

Anyone ever get runner's knee? For a couple weeks after my runs my left knee under the kneecap would hurt for a little while walking was uncomfortable but then would be fine in a few hours, leading to yesterday when I was in pretty bad pain for 30 minutes and could hardly walk for awhile.

Seems most of the stuff I'm seeing online is to stay off it and work to strengthen my leg muscles, but curious to see if this has happened to anyone else and what you did, should I be worried this might be something worse. I tore the ACL in this knee in 2008.

Back