• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tags

We cannot be the only boards that uses the tags like this

Do any boards use them the correct way?

For a while, I thought it would be funny to appropriately use tags. So I'd tag the basketball threads with stuff like "basketball" or soccer threads with "soccer." Sadly, I don't think others found it particularly memorable or clever.

No way that was the first tag ever. The stupid bbd tags have come along relatively recently. "cue stupid bbd tags" came along after the big wave of bbd tags.

94 could have gone back and added it after

In which case, the first ever tagger is PM Putin with bzzz is a fucking loser.

Last edited:
For a while, I thought it would be funny to appropriately use tags. So I'd tag the basketball threads with stuff like "basketball" or soccer threads with "soccer." Sadly, I don't think others found it particularly memorable or clever.
I could see them being used more in this fashion if we didn't have such an awesome search feature.

I thought my "Moon pastes URL," or "Skins links whole post," which I admittedly have only posted a few times, were popular. Then I looked at the tag cloud. Where's lectro? was in 313 threads.

wait a minute, i'm like 95% sure that moon pastes url is my baby. moonz, can you confirm? there is also moon posts url and moon posts link. i know i became amused at how many fucking articles he read (presumably?) and posted without comment.

i also did moonzzz loves lists a few times cause it seemed like every fucking day he was posted the top 50 _________.

wait a minute, i'm like 95% sure that moon pastes url is my baby. moonz, can you confirm? there is also moon posts url and moon posts link. i know i became amused at how many fucking articles he read (presumably?) and posted without comment.

"townie takes credit"

bbd is correct

it looks like 94 for reasons only he knows went back and added that after the fact

Last edited:

i also did moonzzz loves lists a few times cause it seemed like every fucking day he was posted the top 50 _________.

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/3548-If-US-Defaults-Obama-Could-Be-Impeached

you are correct

can you tell me how many tags i've posted and what they were? i think it's probs less than 5.

Is there a way to scroll down the list of tags when you type one in the tag box? Like, I can only see 15 tags when I type in "bbd" in alphabetical order, but I know there's a lot more.

Is there a way to scroll down the list of tags when you type one in the tag box? Like, I can only see 15 tags when I type in "bbd" in alphabetical order, but I know there's a lot more.

Doubt there is code already baked in to make it scrollable (though there may be), but the list can probably be made longer/shorter by editing a variable somewhere in the code.

Back