• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

President to announce Bin Laden is Dead

For sure. If Michelle doesn't like the curtains in the White House, she better change them, she's going to be living there another 5 years.

Inevitable that the politicians will gloat in the coming days, but realistically, this is a blip in the long-term unless it somehow reinvigorates the economy. OBL is pretty old hat, unfortunately. The election, as always, will come down to the economy and who is running for President.

This is not a blip. This is a crushing blow to the Islamist movement. Osama bin Laden has been a symbol that resistance to the only remaining world superpower is possible. The fact that he has survived for so long has been taken as a sign that God is on their side. They will play it up like he didn't play that big of a role anymore, or that his death will not deter their operations. They are full of shit. If this does not signal total victory, then it signals a huge step towards it.

This is a patriotic event that will swing a large number of more conservative independent voters; guarantee there are some people sitting watching this tonight saying "well, Obama aint so bad, he got Osama, good enough for me"

FWIW, I think Obama was the favorite anyway, but I really don't see any Republican who can muster enough support to trump this.

This is not a blip. This is a crushing blow to the Islamist movement. Osama bin Laden has been a symbol that resistance to the only remaining world superpower is possible. The fact that he has survived for so long has been taken as a sign that God is on their side. They will play it up like he didn't play that big of a role anymore, or that his death will not deter their operations. They are full of shit. If this does not signal total victory, then it signals a huge step towards it.

I mean a blip in the mind of the American voter. Obviously, it's a huge blow to the Islamists. The voter will vote his pocketbook.

This is a patriotic event that will swing a large number of more conservative independent voters; guarantee there are some people sitting watching this tonight saying "well, Obama aint so bad, he got Osama, good enough for me"

FWIW, I think Obama was the favorite anyway, but I really don't see any Republican who can muster enough support to trump this.

I agree to an extend but the economy isn't exactly humming along. People have short memories and when they're unemployed, for better or worse, they tend to forget events from a decade ago.

Speaking of "Trump," I bet he tries to take credit for this.

FB post from a friend of mine:

Aloha...well I guess our Commander in Chief was busy directing the capture/killing of Bin Laden while Trump was scratching his balls about the birth certificate...a serious leader doing serious leading...and a clown...Mahalo.

Exactly.

Let's all just enjoy that a mass murderer was eliminated by the outstanding work our our President and special forces.

Obama caught a lot heat in the last election for saying he would authorize a raid into Pakistan to go after Osama Bin Laden.

Campaign promise kept.

What a great piece of news to wake up to! Congratulations to the special forces who killed this truly evil human being and to the president who honored his campaign promise and made it happen.

Thank you, guys.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42853221/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/

They traced him through a courier.

Interesting planning question: If he's in a known building, how do you not spare the risk of the American lives in this type of op and just decide to flatten the place from the air? The answer is you want to be able to produce the body as proof.

so that the women and children he was using as human shields in the building weren't killed, you fucking hack.

Back