• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

President to announce Bin Laden is Dead

jesus christ, can you and Go leave the partisan hackery aside for one freaking day?

Also, CIA interrogations which Obama and his people have railed against from day one are the reason why we got the information that lead to OBL's death.

Secret prisons and Gitmo = eventual operation to kill Osama.

jesus christ, can you and Go leave the partisan hackery aside for one freaking day?

This is the politics board 1. and 2. there's a lot of stupid misinformation out there.

I've given Obama credit, but lets also flesh out the situation.

But the operation itself wasn't his idea, was it? He's not claiming he invented the Internet, but he's clearly taking some license to present this as he is.

If it had been up to Obama and his supporters, this would be a police action and we would have withdrawn in 2006. Not saying that would have been right or wrong, just saying it how it was then.

I look at it and say he made some of damn near perfect decisions that he can claim ownership of:

1) The decision to kill and not capture Bin Laden, preventing the inevitable hand wringing over interrogating him and bringing him to trial.

2) The incredibly ballsy decision to not bomb the compound in March because he wanted a body recovered to prove Bin Laden is dead. That decision would have been disastrous had we missed our window of opportunity and then suffered another attack by Al Qaeda.

When good things happen under a president's watch, he gets the credit.
When bad things happen under a president's watch, he gets the blame.

I don't see partisan right wingers admitting that the economy completely tanked right before he took office.

The real story of this operation is the fact that the CIA finally is back to kicking ass and taking names.

Apparently the information gathered for this op can be traced all the way back to KSM's capture...the courier for Obama was the key and KSM told us about him first in 2004.

Amazing what the CIA can do if given the time and resources...

If we was given info in 2004 why did it take seven years?

Give me a break.

I wonder if this is how people felt the day Hitler died? I'm far happier about this than I thought I would be.

so that the women and children he was using as human shields in the building weren't killed, you fucking hack.

What is it with board lefties making a's of themselves lately with their anger issues? Did you even bother to read my last sentence, which have told you my question was rhetorical, and immediately followed by my proferred answer (which was complimentary)? You must have caught Shoo's derangement syndrome.

You look like a fool, with that unnecesary and disproportionate anger.

If we was given info in 2004 why did it take seven years?

Give me a break.

Apparently this courier was extremely hard to find, we found him in August, thats how we found Osama.

It legit took 7 years.

Hell it took us almost 7 years to catch Eric Robert Rudolph and he was in the North Carolina Smokey Mtn Woods!

We wouldn't have had to wait this long had W killed him at Tora Bore when he had the chance. Of coure with OBL dead there wouldn't have been an Iraq War.

What is it with board lefties making a's of themselves lately with their anger issues? Did you even bother to read my last sentence, which have told you my question was rhetorical, and immediately followed by my proferred answer (which was complimentary)? You must have caught Shoo's derangement syndrome.

right, because typing the word "fucking" on a message board means I have anger issues. Good one there buddy.

IMO, your post was looking for something to criticize about the operation. You implied that we unnecessarily risked American lives because Obama wanted a photo op. My apologies if that's not what you meant, but given your posting history, I think it was a legitimate interpretation of your post.

Orly Taitz is on Fox News saying that we really killed a schwarma cook from Teaneck, NJ who was vacationing in Pakistan.

Orly Taitz is on Fox News saying that we really killed a schwarma cook from Teaneck, NJ who was vacationing in Pakistan.

My guess as to the reason for the quick burial at sea was to actually bury the body, without honoring bin Laden with the traditional muslim burial rite, head facing Mecca.

Also, this is not a day for partisan hackery. This is a day to celebrate.

she's neither party.....she's the crazed one......

When are you going to finally realize that you're the problem, not anyone else? It's a day to celebrate, and you still have to be a douchey, political hack, ironically telling other people to grow up. Look inwards fuckface.

JHMD aside, it' s a great day to be an American!

right, because typing the word "fucking" on a message board means I have anger issues. Good one there buddy.

IMO, your post was looking for something to criticize about the operation. You implied that we unnecessarily risked American lives because Obama wanted a photo op. My apologies if that's not what you meant, but given your posting history, I think it was a legitimate interpretation of your post.

Read closer next time...and chill out. Apology accepted.

Back