• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

President to announce Bin Laden is Dead

Trump gets Covid and gets airlifted to hospital. Biden gets Covid and kills the most wanted terrorist in the world.

Biden got COVID twice.

Obama and Biden delivered but Republicans prefer Bush and Trump’s bluster.

Bush was about as friendly to the intelligence community as it gets; the fact that his administration utterly failed in the "War on Terror" was more to do with corrupt causes than a complete failure of intelligence. The Cheney-Rumsfeld side selectively listened to the intelligence that came in, knowing they wanted the war they'd get. Obama and Biden are of the same school re: relationship between the executive branch and our intelligence services, though their politics and senses of international relations are more tempered (see: The Obama Doctrine for each of them). The results the latter two get from their respective military and intelligence relationships are a good example of bureaucracy done well.

Trump on the other hand was utterly disdainful of his intelligence community and tried to cut them off at the knees, and he got very little from them because of it. My personal feelings towards our global surveillance state and cynicism about the CIA, NSA, and any number of global intelligence services notwithstanding (because I think I'd be more like JFK here than Trump), you reap what you sow.

I am no great fan of drone strikes, "targeted" or otherwise, and I think the legal cover Obama's Justice Department provided future presidents in that space is pretty horrendous given how many civilian casualties we get from them. But is it preferable (morally or otherwise) to permanent ground occupation? Of course.

They used the most targeted of single kill minimize collateral missiles possible, alternative could have been level the entire block so there was some thought to it.

I am no great fan of drone strikes, "targeted" or otherwise, and I think the legal cover Obama's Justice Department provided future presidents in that space is pretty horrendous given how many civilian casualties we get from them. But is it preferable (morally or otherwise) to permanent ground occupation? Of course.

a screaming comes across the sky

I'd prefer to defund the Pentagon, but so long as we're evaluating how Obama and Biden compare to Bush and Trump....

so, about that Hellfire missile:

dmVSupW.png

Back