• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do conservatives still want Chris Christie?

what a bunch of dumbasses to plan their political retribution by email on government computers. Come on. Rahm Emanuel would never cut somebody's political nuts and leave an e-trail. Amateurs.

what a bunch of dumbasses to plan their political retribution by email on government computers. Come on. Rahm Emanuel would never cut somebody's political nuts and leave an e-trail. Amateurs.

Seriously, at least Rahm knew enough to make threats in the sauna.

haha, wtf?

57fab2111.jpg

More covers: Link

This was my first thought. My second no one that stupid could have come up with this plan.

I don’t think this is a big story at all in and of itself (nationally anyway). No one will remember this when he’s running for president. But one thing about Christie that can turn people off (in my opinion) is that he has a tendency to come off a little petty. Gotta control that, or at least control the image.

Agree with this.

Did somebody really die because the ambulance couldn't reach them? That's pretty shitty

Christie's fired 4 people, essentially destroying their careers. Christie's betting that none of them will dispute Christie's account, a Dem-led NJ investigation won't turn up any new contradictory evidence, his GOP challengers won't make this a primary issue, and that the Dems won't make it a general election issue. That's a lot of moving parts. All this with a new political team because his current team isn't ready for prime time even after two winning statewide elections in the nation's largest media market. Could be that he's completely clean and will sail through untouched, but that's not very likely. He's going to have to be squeaky clean for the next two years.

He's coming off very well in the presser. Interestingly, FNC isn't covering it.

He didn't know what was going on in his own office?

not that you care because you are stupid, but this is why nobody takes you seriously.

your personal hygiene habits can't help either.

The one thing that struck about this presser was that Christie kept on saying he fired them for "lying to me". He didn't repeat or say what they did was wrong.

It wasn't harming the people of NJ and NY. It was bad to lie to Chris Christie.

The one thing that struck about this presser was that Christie kept on saying he fired them for "lying to me". He didn't repeat or say what they did was wrong.

It wasn't harming the people of NJ and NY. It was bad to lie to Chris Christie.

From the press conference:

Two pieces to what I want to talk about today. The first is I believe that all of the people who were affected by this conduct deserve this apology and that's why I'm giving it to them. I also need to apologize to them for my failure as the governor of this state to understand the true nature of this problem sooner than I did. But I believe I have an understanding now of the true nature of the problem and I've taken the following action as a result.

and

Later today I'm going to be going to Fort Lee, asked to meet with the mayor to apologize to him personally, face to face, and also to apologize to the people of Fort Lee in their town. I think they need to see me do that personally, and I intend to do that later on today. People of those communities for four days were impacted in a completely callous and indifferent way, and I'm going to go and apologize for that.

I think it is pretty clear he understands the implications of what happened. The crazy thing is Christie actually took responsibility for the screw up...imagine that. He said it was his responsibility whether he knew about it or not. What a crazy concept for a leader.

Full Transcript for anyone that is interested.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/transcript-chris-christies-news-conference-on-george-washington-bridge-scandal/2014/01/09/d0f4711c-7944-11e3-8963-b4b654bcc9b2_story.html

Back