• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do conservatives still want Chris Christie?

Very telling that the only public support Christie received yesterday was from Nikki Haley. Nothing from Reince Priebus and he got trashed by Lindsey Graham and Rand Paul. Contrast that with widespread Dem support for Hillary over Benghazi. Christie's already hamstrung by New Jersey campaign laws from fundraising directly on Wall Street and big GOP money for Christie will be on hold for a bit to see how this plays out. Best result for Christie will be split decisions in Iowa and South Carolina. If a social conservative wins both states and clears the field, Christie will have a tough time winning the nomination.

A State Legislator, who represents FT. Lee, says the first concern the mayor expressed to Christie in the meeting was that he was fearful of retribution against him and the citizens of Ft. Lee going forward.

How about this as the real reason:

" In 2010, Christie refused to reappoint a New Jersey state Supreme Court Justice, Democrat John Wallace, when he sought reappointment. And that was the first time that has happened in 63 years since New Jersey adopted its current state constitution.

As Mediaite noted, after Christie took that "unprecedented step of refusing to reappoint" Wallace for another term, New Jersey Democrats blocked all of his appointments to the court. And after Republican state Supreme Court Justice Helen Hoens came up for reappointment in 2013, Christie decided to pull her from the bench rather than subject her to the Senate Democrats who threatened a brutal nomination fight.

Christie held an angry press conference the day before the traffic jams started in which he said he would not feed Hoens to the "savagery" that would be coming her way from the "animals" that were the New Jersey Senate Democrats. Maddow then noted that on the very next morning, Christie's aide sent the email to order some "traffic problems" in Fort Lee. "

What a shock!

I have come around on Christie's boorish personality - I like it now. I'm glad he's an asshole. He and I are kindred spirits in that regard.

His weight doesn't bother me at all.

I won't vote for him over Hillary, but I kinda hope he wins now.

11874479023_aab91e7e95.jpg

I have not read this thread, but I am disgusted by the fact that this is a big a story as it is.

Closing a Bridge for 4 hours now apparently trumps 4 Dead Americans and a 9/11 attack on our sovereign soil and a subsequent cover up by our executive branch of government.

It truly is amazing.

We, as a country, are truly down the political rabbit hole.

Yes, the news cycle is more focused on news that broke this week than something that happened almost 16 months ago.

I have not read this thread, but I am disgusted by the fact that this is a big a story as it is.

Closing a Bridge for 4 hours now apparently trumps 4 Dead Americans and a 9/11 attack on our sovereign soil and a subsequent cover up by our executive branch of government.

It truly is amazing.

Channeling the Inner-RJ, are we?

It truly is amazing.

Stop being such a bitch.

Reactions: ONW
This bothers me. The last thing we need is another "know nothing" president.

Has anybody determined under what normal circumstances the lanes would be closed?

Chris just laid down and took up two lanes.

Christie is trying to push his long time aide and current Chief of Staff to be approved to be NJ Attorney General. There is no way this guy could honestly investigate people he hired or worked with for years and years. If either he or Christie had any scruples, he'd step down or Christie would rescind the appointment.

if christie was an honorable man he would just off himself

So my parents are uncomfortably big fans of Glenn Beck (my mom went to the rally in DC, they watch nearly every day, and they own all his books). They have also been fans of Christie for several years now. I'm interested to see how this upsets their worldview. Haven't really brought it up yet.

Back