• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do conservatives still want Chris Christie?

The DREAM Act is probably one reason so few conservatives stepped up to defend him.

Christie is trying to push his long time aide and current Chief of Staff to be approved to be NJ Attorney General. There is no way this guy could honestly investigate people he hired or worked with for years and years. If either he or Christie had any scruples, he'd step down or Christie would rescind the appointment.

similar to the pubs spending so much money to make sure they secured the NCSC for when the redistricting lawsuit came up

Christie is trying to push his long time aide and current Chief of Staff to be approved to be NJ Attorney General. There is no way this guy could honestly investigate people he hired or worked with for years and years. If either he or Christie had any scruples, he'd step down or Christie would rescind the appointment.

Yeah, that's much worse than appointing your senior legal advisor, or your brother, to be Attorney General of the US.

Yeah, that's much worse than appointing your senior legal advisor, or your brother, to be Attorney General of the US.

It's one thing to do it in a vacuum. It's quite another to do it when many of the people he hired are under state and federal investigations of which he could be a target.

It's truly apples and oranges.

You try to give me shit about hypocrisy. You are being totally hypocritical here. This would be completely different if the guy had been nominated upon Christie's first election with nothing having happened. At that point it would have been standard operating procedure.

It is vastly different with his top aide under investigation. The campaign manger is under investigation. Top appointees have been forced to resign and are under state and federal investigation. It is logical to believe his involvement is being investigated.

The fact that you say,"It's about Republicans and Democrats" makes you a total hypocrite here.

I bet if you searched the thread about when it was found Maxine Waters and her husband greatly profited from her inside knowledge in banking that I said should resign immediately.

I have not read this thread, but I am disgusted by the fact that this is a big a story as it is.

Closing a Bridge for 4 hours now apparently trumps 4 Dead Americans and a 9/11 attack on our sovereign soil and a subsequent cover up by our executive branch of government.

It truly is amazing.

We, as a country, are truly down the political rabbit hole.

who said it trumped anything?

Logic dictates that this isn't the first time Christie's aides have done something like this. We'll see how much more stuff Christie didn't know.

Christie's the new head of the Republican Governor's Association so he's expected to do a ton of fundraising on behalf of the GOP (going to 3 fundraisers this week in Florida). If Christie lied or the people he forced out are going to turn on him, the GOP better hope that comes out quickly. The Dems will be content to let him twist in the wind and move slowly. Bubba had several women in his administration lie for him, but Christie's fired and trashed the most relevant voices in this episode. Giuliani and McCain defended Christie this weekend, but neither is the future of the GOP. Tea Party doesn't dig Christie and he's an obstacle for many of their preferred 2016 candidates. Christie's another chance for them to screw over the GOP establishment and won't be a surprise if they become his biggest critics since a swift end to this isn't in the Dems' best interests.

You try to give me shit about hypocrisy. You are being totally hypocritical here. This would be completely different if the guy had been nominated upon Christie's first election with nothing having happened. At that point it would have been standard operating procedure.

It is vastly different with his top aide under investigation. The campaign manger is under investigation. Top appointees have been forced to resign and are under state and federal investigation. It is logical to believe his involvement is being investigated.

The fact that you say,"It's about Republicans and Democrats" makes you a total hypocrite here.

I bet if you searched the thread about when it was found Maxine Waters and her husband greatly profited from her inside knowledge in banking that I said should resign immediately.

I don't remember ever calling you a hypocrite. You're simply a shill for Democrats.

I also haven't taken any stance on the latest Christie garbage. For the record, I think he's toast. The guy has too many enemies on both political sides to survive this, even if what he said last week is true.

This situation is vastly different than Kennedy putting bobby in as AG or W putting his WH Counsel Gonzalez AG. Neither of them were put up for the position just after their top aide and several other close associates had to resign for committing potential state and federal crimes while essentially working for or at the whim of Gonzalez or Bobby.

Neither Gonzalez not Bobby were under a cloud and likely under state and federal investigations when they were nominated.

I cannot believe you either don't see the difference or are so entrenched in superiority that you can't say how wrong and different this situation is than either appointing your brother or your personal lawyer.

It's sad that you are so tied to this position that you can't admit the obvious.

This situation is vastly different than Kennedy putting bobby in as AG or W putting his WH Counsel Gonzalez AG. Neither of them were put up for the position just after their top aide and several other close associates had to resign for committing potential state and federal crimes while essentially working for or at the whim of Gonzalez or Bobby.

Neither Gonzalez not Bobby were under a cloud and likely under state and federal investigations when they were nominated.

I cannot believe you either don't see the difference or are so entrenched in superiority that you can't say how wrong and different this situation is than either appointing your brother or your personal lawyer.

It's sad that you are so tied to this position that you can't admit the obvious.

thats-gold-jerry.png

Those ads were on constantly all summer long. He definitely took advantage of an opportunity to get his face on TV in an election year, but I’d be surprised if he broke any laws, mainly because that would be incredibly dumb. (Not that it would be the first time a politician did something incredibly dumb.)

Christie nominated his COS on December 2nd. There was no investigation underway at that point. No doubt Christie was looking ahead, but I suspect most, of not all, politicians would have tried to do something similar. NJ had had an acting AG for months and Christie had just won re-election. His first AG was a female, AA Democrat, so nominating a buddy (like Obama and many other Presidents have done) wasn't out of line. If Christie really didn't know about his staff's involvement in the lane closures, there's again no problem. BTW, the nomination of the COS had bipartisan support.

and now it should be rescinded. There is no excuse for it not being. If the COS had any integrity, he'd withdraw.

This is different.

5-7 of the closest people to Christie knew. Those people saw the governor every day. How did all them know and he not know?

Ed Rendell said any governor would have heard about the traffic jam the first day. He said if such a thing happened in PA he would told his COS to "take the study and shove it up his butt and open the lanes."

He said was inconceivable to him that it could last through the second day.

How does nearly every senior staffer know about this, yet Christie doesn't? Give me a break.

Back