• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do conservatives still want Chris Christie?

MSNBC said that Christie was finished last night. So I guess that settles it. Well that and RJ's very clear evidence.

MSNBC said that Christie was finished last night. So I guess that settles it. Well that and RJ's very clear evidence.

Well-known liberal rag, Wall Street Journal, hasn't been especially supportive of Christie either. There are still way too many unknowns to make a definitive judgment either way at this point. Fanboys who want to destroy or celebrate Christie at this point are foolish. Personally I find it hard to believe that this was some kind of Secret Santa gift drummed up by Christie's campaign manager and executed by his Deputy Chief of Staff and neither wanted to take credit for their plan on Christie's behalf by telling the Chief of Staff/wannabe Attorney General or Christie himself. May have happened exactly as Christie claims, but color me skeptical. At least 4 people may tell a different story than Christie, especially if criminal charges are pending. Could be Iran/Contra, Monica Lewinsky, or Scooter Libby. Pretty clear that Christie's potential 2016 primary opponents (Rand, Frothy) aren't going to let this slide.

Well-known liberal rag, Wall Street Journal, hasn't been especially supportive of Christie either. There are still way too many unknowns to make a definitive judgment either way at this point. Fanboys who want to destroy or celebrate Christie at this point are foolish. Personally I find it hard to believe that this was some kind of Secret Santa gift drummed up by Christie's campaign manager and executed by his Deputy Chief of Staff and neither wanted to take credit for their plan on Christie's behalf by telling the Chief of Staff/wannabe Attorney General or Christie himself. May have happened exactly as Christie claims, but color me skeptical. At least 4 people may tell a different story than Christie, especially if criminal charges are pending. Could be Iran/Contra, Monica Lewinsky, or Scooter Libby. Pretty clear that Christie's potential 2016 primary opponents (Rand, Frothy) aren't going to let this slide.

I agree with this assessment. That's why I thought it was so interesting that he came in right off the bat and fired his people. If they do have dirt on him then he has just released them to the press to tell their side of the story. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I am not saying that Christie clean but it seems more likely he is clean based on how he is handling himself. If He covered up for his people's mistakes and passed it off with a bogus story then it would seem more likely he was covering for them or trying to make them happy so they would not tell the truth.

In the situation it does seem unlikely that the executive would not know what his underlings are doing however I certainly agree with that.

I think there is zero chance he didn't know what was going on. Can we please have some accountability from our elected leaders?

I think there is zero chance he didn't know what was going on. Can we please have some accountability from our elected leaders?

I tend to agree with this but if he knew about and did that press conference he is the biggest idiot in politics. That being said, I am not sure what is worse knowing about it and covering it up or not knowing about it.

It is scary how believable he sounded when I'm pretty sure he was lying to our faces.

I tend to agree with this but if he knew about and did that press conference he is the biggest idiot in politics. That being said, I am not sure what is worse knowing about it and covering it up or not knowing about it.

Because he had two choices- either do what he did or resign. If he resigned, he would have immediately opened himself up for civil and criminal actions. The senior NY Port Authority official had sent a letter to Christie confidant Regea (sp) that these actions broke federal laws and laws of both states.

When you get the WSJ, George Will and Ed Rendell on the same side (at the very least Christie knew), it's likely they are correct.

What I've been excited to learn as a result of all of this is that, apparently, there is otherwise never any standstill traffic in Fort Lee or on the GW Bridge. Where do I go to get back the literally days of my life that I've wasted sitting in that mess?

If Christie knew what was going on all along and joked about personally working the cones on the bridge, he's a sociopath. See Bubba and "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky". Judging from his tone during the press conference, Christie knew a lot more last week than he did while making the joke about the cones. Really doesn't make much sense to have the press conference for well over an hour and not come completely clean or at least leave himself some wiggle room. Can't believe a guy would be that short-sighted two years before he was planning on running for President, but Bubba and Edwards pulled similar crap.

The most pissed off person about this mess is Jeb Bush. Had his brother not started a war based on lies and tanked the economy, Jeb would be a lock to be nominated in 2016 and have a good chance to win.

If Christie knew what was going on all along and joked about personally working the cones on the bridge, he's a sociopath. See Bubba and "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky". Judging from his tone during the press conference, Christie knew a lot more last week than he did while making the joke about the cones. Really doesn't make much sense to have the press conference for well over an hour and not come completely clean or at least leave himself some wiggle room. Can't believe a guy would be that short-sighted two years before he was planning on running for President, but Bubba and Edwards pulled similar crap.

It's ludicrous to compare lying about sex with creating and implementing a plan designed to harm hundreds of thousands of people to teach a political opponent a lesson.

The only people who have never lied about sex are the ones who either never had sex or have only had sex with one person.

Equating the two is silly.

It's ludicrous to compare lying about sex with creating and implementing a plan designed to harm hundreds of thousands of people to teach a political opponent a lesson.

The only people who have never lied about sex are the ones who either never had sex or have only had sex with one person.

Equating the two is silly.

Pretty safe bet that both guys lied while cameras were rolling to save their own asses. I guess it's only a lie when somebody on the other team tells a whopper.

Can you not read? I specifically said this:

"It's ludicrous to compare lying about sex with creating and implementing a plan designed to harm hundreds of thousands of people to teach a political opponent a lesson."

How is that saying:

" I guess it's only a lie when somebody on the other team tells a whopper."

By the way I went on to say:

"The only people who have never lied about sex are the ones who either never had sex or have only had sex with one person."

Not only did I not say it wasn't a lie, I specifically called it a lie TWICE.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

Also there are lies and there are lies. There's no question Clinton lied about sex, but it's not the same type of lie as one to protect your intentional harming of strangers to prove a point.

Idiot? Every defense of him I've seen is "he took questions for two hours."

And you wonder why everybody left, right, and center on the boards hates you?!? Iran/Contra and Monica Lewinsky aren't the same level of problem, but everything on the right is a a sure sign of the apocalypse and everything on the left is a racist plot. Read this: go fuck yourself. Have a nice day.

And you wonder why everybody left, right, and center on the boards hates you?!? Iran/Contra and Monica Lewinsky aren't the same level of problem, but everything on the right is a a sure sign of the apocalypse and everything on the left is a racist plot. Read this: go fuck yourself. Have a nice day.

I LOVE it. When YOU are so obviously wrong, you blame me.

Priceless.

Back