• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do conservatives still want Chris Christie?

Christie's response to the investigation of his use of federal funds:

“The Stronger Than The Storm [ad] campaign was just one part of the first action plan approved by the Obama Administration and developed with the goal of effectively communicating that the Jersey Shore was open for business during the first summer after Sandy,” Reed said in a statement. “We’re confident that any review will show that the ads were a key part in helping New Jersey get back on its feet after being struck by the worst storm in state history."

Link

And you wonder why everybody left, right, and center on the boards hates you?!? Iran/Contra and Monica Lewinsky aren't the same level of problem, but everything on the right is a a sure sign of the apocalypse and everything on the left is a racist plot. Read this: go fuck yourself. Have a nice day.

I LOVE it. When YOU are so obviously wrong, you blame me.

Priceless.

Pretty sure FMR is not in the wrong here.

The only people who see me as this " but everything on the right is a a sure sign of the apocalypse and everything on the left is a racist plot. " are lazy and create the problems.

Maybe if they actually READ what is posted rather than who posted it, the "problems" would almost cease to exist.

i don't see this advertising thing as a big deal. there were a ton of advertisements for the Gulf Coast to rebuild the tourist industry after BP, and BP paid for all that. Obviously it's not the same thing, but the point is that it's a legitimate expenditure when you have a big tourist industry you need to get back on its feet. The fact that Christie was in the ads seems pretty harmless. I'm pretty sure I've seen other governors in their state's tourist ads over the years. You're the leader of the state, why shouldn't you be the face on the ads?

Bridgegate is the real potential story here, hard to see this turning into "Adgate". But it is a distraction he doesn't need.

923, I don't think it's that Christie was in the ads (he should be with his national personna at the time). It's about spending $2M more than the other ad. I think there's also a direct tie to Christie for the agency. Had the cost be the same as the other production no rational person would be discussing this. It would be a total non-issue.

I realize the liberals here will immediately say "cover up". Of course that's what they have been told to think and say. If you actually read any exhaustive researched piece, you'll see there are many factors involved but...

No, Christie was not involved.

Yes, the closing of the bridge was a factor for many

Yes, the Port Authority officials failed.

No, Christie didn't make that decision.

Yes, He should have fired many of them.

I'm more curious what other payback his aides issued using his authority without his knowledge.

i don't see this advertising thing as a big deal. there were a ton of advertisements for the Gulf Coast to rebuild the tourist industry after BP, and BP paid for all that. Obviously it's not the same thing, but the point is that it's a legitimate expenditure when you have a big tourist industry you need to get back on its feet. The fact that Christie was in the ads seems pretty harmless. I'm pretty sure I've seen other governors in their state's tourist ads over the years. You're the leader of the state, why shouldn't you be the face on the ads?

Bridgegate is the real potential story here, hard to see this turning into "Adgate". But it is a distraction he doesn't need.

I think it's a drip, drip, drip strategy by the Dems. The woman who made the decision to go with the agency whose bid was $2 Million higher than the others worked with Christie in the Federal Prosecutor's office. Christie loaned her $50K and then eventually put her on his payroll. Some complained about conflict of interest before the stuff with the ads came up. FWLIW I thought Obama got a free pass on the Rezko real estate deal in 2008-thought that was a lot more damaging than Rev Wright.

Thought claims from Romney's camp that they would have destroyed Christie in a primary were sour grapes/way overstated, but does appear that Christie doesn't run a very tight ship. Tea Party doesn't like him, Romney's team is butt hurt about the "hug" and a luke warm convention speech, and the Dems want to take him down at any cost. He's done if he lied about any aspects of Bridgegate, but he also has a lot of other groups whose interests aren't exactly aligned with his best interests. Tough sledding ahead.

Good recap. For a guy who is so well-liked, he has a lot of enemies.

I think it's a drip, drip, drip strategy by the Dems. The woman who made the decision to go with the agency whose bid was $2 Million higher than the others worked with Christie in the Federal Prosecutor's office. Christie loaned her $50K and then eventually put her on his payroll. Some complained about conflict of interest before the stuff with the ads came up. FWLIW I thought Obama got a free pass on the Rezko real estate deal in 2008-thought that was a lot more damaging than Rev Wright.

Thought claims from Romney's camp that they would have destroyed Christie in a primary were sour grapes/way overstated, but does appear that Christie doesn't run a very tight ship. Tea Party doesn't like him, Romney's team is butt hurt about the "hug" and a luke warm convention speech, and the Dems want to take him down at any cost. He's done if he lied about any aspects of Bridgegate, but he also has a lot of other groups whose interests aren't exactly aligned with his best interests. Tough sledding ahead.

There were multiple investigations about Rezko and none found any Obama involvement. Just like there was no Obama involvement in the IRS non-scandal.

This is the polar opposite of Maxine Waters who clearly profited from inside information and should have been booted to the curb.

Do you actually think that Christie is so hands off that after four days of this mess he never asked any questions?

Do you that none of his senior staff (almost all have implicated) never told him anything?

What about the call the NYT reported between Christie and Cuomo?

What about the letter from the NY Port Authority to a top Christie aide saying laws of each state and federal laws were likely broken? Do you really think Christie never heard about this?

It's one thing if this mess was about one day. Even two days could be possibly understood, but four days? Four days and he knew nothing?

Either answer is very bad for Christie. If he knew about it or participated, obviously he's done. If 5-7 people in his office, on his senior staff kept an operation from him, what does that say about his ability to manage?

This is the only thing the left can hit him on and they are very scared of him running in 2016. When he wins the Supreme Court will be stacked against them for twenty-five or more years. No Gay Rights, No Drug Legalization, No Environmental reform.

When you can't give legitimate answers make it about me! Cool....that's the lazy way out.

The facts don't matter. That you can't challenge the reports Christie isn't involved and only have "Its all about me deflection" is the definition of you being lazy on this thread. Like it or not, that's the way it is on this thread and every thread.

There were multiple investigations about Rezko and none found any Obama involvement. Just like there was no Obama involvement in the IRS non-scandal.

This is the polar opposite of Maxine Waters who clearly profited from inside information and should have been booted to the curb.

Do you actually think that Christie is so hands off that after four days of this mess he never asked any questions?

Do you that none of his senior staff (almost all have implicated) never told him anything?

What about the call the NYT reported between Christie and Cuomo?

What about the letter from the NY Port Authority to a top Christie aide saying laws of each state and federal laws were likely broken? Do you really think Christie never heard about this?

It's one thing if this mess was about one day. Even two days could be possibly understood, but four days? Four days and he knew nothing?

Either answer is very bad for Christie. If he knew about it or participated, obviously he's done. If 5-7 people in his office, on his senior staff kept an operation from him, what does that say about his ability to manage?

Reread posts #368, 387, 397, and 398 on this thread. Thanks.

Bridgegate RJ and Bengjazi RJ should have a no holds barred debate to the death.

Another lazy voice heard. Make it about me not the issue.

The silence is kind of deafening when I supported Christie being in the tourism commercial. The commercial absolutely had to be done and he should be in it. The only question is using the highest bid.

I realize many here can't understand being for someone doing one thing and questioning him doing another. It's all or nothing to many.

Another lazy voice heard. Make it about me not the issue.

The silence is kind of deafening when I supported Christie being in the tourism commercial. The commercial absolutely had to be done and he should be in it. The only question is using the highest bid.

I realize many here can't understand being for someone doing one thing and questioning him doing another. It's all or nothing to many.

No one is making it about you. They're just poking fun at you. Lighten up.

I am poking fun at you because you refuted with vigor all the arguments used against the Obama admin in Benghazi (he is either incompetent or a liar) and are now using them with vigor against Christie in Bridgegate. It is pretty humorous to see you dance circles around yourself.

Christie has opened himself up. If he did know about it I am sure someone that he fired will talk. They have no reason not to at this point. Contrast that with Obama protecting and insulating all the people that could talk about Benghazi. I feel pretty confident that the truth will come out about Bridgegate. It is a sign of poor management either way, and not Christie's best moment in the spotlight. I still don't think this affects him one bit come 2016 presidential election. I guess we will see.

If you were truly be "non-partisan" and saw a report who cornerstone statements of "fact" and reason to be held were so fatally flawed and biased, you'd admit this is a witch hunt and that nothing that comes out of it can believed. Christie 2016.

Back