• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do conservatives still want Chris Christie?

they did until this happened

1351759595325.cached.jpg

My guess is conservatives don't believe they can control Christie like they could Romney. You would think they would get behind whoever was the best shot at winning the office, but Republicans don't really like to do that.

Christie to the Dem ticket as the rebirth of the Rockefeller Republicans!

The 2013 CPAC buffet line will be less congested, but like Japanese soldiers still fighting WWII on remote islands in the '50s, the few remaining GOP diehards won't be too stoked when Hillary replaces Scalia with the first athiest transgender Justice during her second term.

It's fun to talk about on a message board, but trying to predict elections 3 years in advance is a fool's errand.

I love that fat bastard. I'm from NJ and I love that he's turned the state's entitlement and union culture on its head.

Last edited:
I am a fan of CC but I like him as Governor and maybe future Senator.

POTUS? naw. I'll take Aquaman Marco plz, k thx.

It may be three years until the election, but CPAC and conservatives are doubling down and reinforcing the false cocoon they have built around themselves. The vitriolic hatred of everything Obama has become a religion and part of the blood of the GOP. Unless that's changed, they will be in deep trouble.

What's amazing is that most of Obama's major policy changes were originally put forth by Republicans. ACA is a very watered down version of the 90s GOP plan and Romneycare. His immigration plan is Bush/McCain with stronger enforcement than they proposed.

Actual Republicans - people who are for smaller government, fewer taxes, etc - would probably be ecstatic if Christie was their nominee.

The lunatics that are running the GOP these days, however, would not. That's how you get someone like Rick Santorum becoming nationally relevant.

Actual Republicans - people who are for smaller government, fewer taxes, etc - would probably be ecstatic if Christie was their nominee.

The lunatics that are running the GOP these days, however, would not. That's how you get someone like Rick Santorum becoming nationally relevant.

I would say that's an actual conservative, not an actual Republican. And speaking for myself, yes, I would love for Christie to be president. Not surprising that his chances are fading when the current GOP consists of morons like DODO and 89deaconmike and doofuses like Go. This board is a sampling of (mostly) alumni from what's supposed to be a top-25 university in the country, and the collective IQ and political savvy demonstrated by the conservative bloc here equates to that of a watermelon. It makes me sick to read this board most the time, and perfectly encapsulates why the GOP is a smoldering pile of crap at the moment.

It may be three years until the election, but CPAC and conservatives are doubling down and reinforcing the false cocoon they have built around themselves. The vitriolic hatred of everything Obama has become a religion and part of the blood of the GOP. Unless that's changed, they will be in deep trouble.

What's amazing is that most of Obama's major policy changes were originally put forth by Republicans. ACA is a very watered down version of the 90s GOP plan and Romneycare. His immigration plan is Bush/McCain with stronger enforcement than they proposed.

Curious about how you would characterize your own dissent during the previous administration. Actually the more I think about, I'm not.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...imited-future-republican-party-eliana-johnson

"Christie has a “limited future” in the national Republican party given his position on gun control, the source tells National Review Online. As a result, the CPAC insider says, the focus of this year’s conference, “the future of conservatism,” made Christie a bad fit.

Christie, the source adds, is simply not a conservative in the eyes of organizers."

Democrats hoping against hope they don't have to face Christie in a national election. We have no idea what will happen. Put Christie on the platform during the primaries and I like his odds.

This board is a sampling of (mostly) alumni from what's supposed to be a top-25 university in the country, and the collective IQ and political savvy demonstrated by the conservative bloc here equates to that of a watermelon.

....and the resident AppState stoner is right about pretty much everything which has gotta hurt..

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...imited-future-republican-party-eliana-johnson

"Christie has a “limited future” in the national Republican party given his position on gun control, the source tells National Review Online. As a result, the CPAC insider says, the focus of this year’s conference, “the future of conservatism,” made Christie a bad fit."

The GOP has already pretty much excommunicated Colin Powell and Jon Huntsman, widely admired centrists who appeal to moderates and independents (i.e. the people who decide presidential elections), so it shouldn't be a big surprise that that Christie (another guy who could win nationally) "a limited future" in the national GOP. The best thing that could have happened to the GOP in 2012 was a ticket of Santorum and Bachmann that lost 40+ states. At least then, they could have started rebuilding a national party which favored libertarians over social conservatives. They still haven't figured that out and will likely crash and burn again in 2016 with a far-right ticket because McCain and Romney "weren't true conservatives". The electorate will be even less favorably to today's GOP by then, but these assclowns aren't too attuned or attentive to changing demographics.

They'll probably get another conservative-lite like McCain and Romney.

Wow I'm a little smitten with Christie now that the lunatic fringe is denouncing him.

Hillary/Christie 2016

Back