• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOCK, DELETE.

Boras needed it structured that way after turning down the qualifying offer.

why would there be little reason to pay for a kershaw or verlander?

I only said there's no reason to pay 99% of relievers that much. I never said anything about not paying starters.

The only thing I said about Kershaw and Verlander is that they were stoppers and that the term relates to starters not relief pitchers.

Boras needed it structured that way after turning down the qualifying offer.

Are you saying that Boras preferred the deferred payments rather than current, lower, payments to make sure he got over the guaranteed $ amount of the qualifying offer and the contract he opted out of? That sounds incredibly ego-driven..... so yeah, you're probably right.

Gotta assume Lohse takes either a 1 year deal with St Louis now or just hopes someone has a big injury that already lost their 1st round draft pick.

Are you saying that Boras preferred the deferred payments rather than current, lower, payments to make sure he got over the guaranteed $ amount of the qualifying offer and the contract he opted out of? That sounds incredibly ego-driven..... so yeah, you're probably right.
Yes. He could take an annual value over the qualifying offer to the press.

@EddieInTheYard
Gausman toyed with Lobaton there...going from 93 FB to 77 change ending with a 93 mph K.

:drool:

Just checking scores.... I forgot that Dempster was a Red Sox now. That team is full of randoms this year.

I'm gonna go ahead and copy these two posts from the wonderful fearthenoodle on the MD board because I never knew about this rule:

Bundy gives up a run in the 9th. Leadoff double, WP, runner scored when Exposito blocked a ball in the dirt and picked it up with his mask, which is against the rules.

2-base error for "illegal touching". Runner would have scored even from 2nd, apparently.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Board/59410/Orioles-Spring-Training-2013-16713733/85#a17459489

All 5 AL Central teams in the top 7 of the league in the spring. DOMINATION. when it counts, too.

my boy scotty k finna carry the injuns to the title infuriating that idiot apetit.

ETA: division title, of course.

Last edited:
lawl

nobody here can seriously tell me that they knew that rule existed

im like my boy MIKE ROSS when it comes the mlb rulebook, dawg.

i love when i got to end a statement with "dawg" and realize i'm making it to jdawg. that shit is dope.

trout led off the game with a homer then just hit a 2b off the top of the wall and took 3rd on a bad throw. even fat trout is >>> all.

Back