• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOCK, DELETE.

Without knowing it made a lot of sense. There have been players throughout the years who did just that. :)

I saw Dom smash a couple in 2010 Spring Training

edit: apparently the only 2 he hit that year, one of which was off Verlander

it's like starling marte's career .405/.421/.635/1.056 ST line.

i'm pretty pumped about luke scott this year. he looks so much betetr this spring.

well he's over a year removed from labrum surgery. if you look at the beej timeline for his surgery his iso in the injured year was .128 then .132 the year after surgery. two years after and beyond he posted isos of .187, .188, and .208 more resembling his .209 in his first full year up (the year prior to the surgery). scott had a .251 iso the year before the injury, a .182 the year of the injury, and a .210 the year after. so hopefully that charge will return to his bat raising his iso and likely his horrid .250 babip.

Think he can recapture the power he had in the .250 year? I thought he was going to be part of a DH rotation?

Headed to Fla tomorrow to catch two Nats ST games. Can't wait.

OK, this is totally random (there was a question in Jeff Sullivan's latest chat about whether or not people under-rate pitching prospects with good changeups, so I wanted to see where Hamels was ranked, completely forgetting that it would be meaningless since he missed a lot of time due to injuries), but this is a fun read now since many of these guys made it to the majors.

2006 Top 100 Prospects: 51-100

63. JONATHAN BROXTON, rhp, Dodgers
"He blows it by people, has deception in his delivery, a power breaking ball and a feel for it. Broxton looked like a bigger Bartolo Colon out there, with a better body."
--anonymous scout

77. DUSTIN PEDROIA, 2b/ss, Red Sox
"Everyone scoffed at him and underestimated his ability to play at a high level, but this guy is a winner. The more I watched him beat us in just about every phase of the game, the more I began to realize how much this guy does."
--Norwich manager Dave Machemer

The Dodgers had four prospects in that 51-100 range, and the lowest was Matt Kemp.

Here's the 1-50 Group

Four more Dodgers in 1-50!

OK, this is totally random (there was a question in Jeff Sullivan's latest chat about whether or not people under-rate pitching prospects with good changeups, so I wanted to see where Hamels was ranked, completely forgetting that it would be meaningless since he missed a lot of time due to injuries), but this is a fun read now since many of these guys made it to the majors.

2006 Top 100 Prospects: 51-100

The Dodgers had four prospects in that 51-100 range, and the lowest was Matt Kemp.

Here's the 1-50 Group

Four more Dodgers in 1-50!

Oof

16. IAN STEWART, 3b, Rockies
"He makes good adjustments at the plate and has good discipline. He reminds me of Larry Walker."
--anonymous scout

27. FELIX PIE, of, Cubs
"He just creates excitement with his play--period. I see him as a guy who could potentially hit in the middle of a lineup and drive in runs, be a real exciting Carlos Beltran-type player."
--West Tenn manager Bobby Dickerson

70. JEFF NIEMANN, rhp, Devil Rays
"He's so big and long, everything is just right on top of you. He has huge upside."
--San Jose manager Lenn Sakata

NTTAWWT

Oof

16. IAN STEWART, 3b, Rockies
"He makes good adjustments at the plate and has good discipline. He reminds me of Larry Walker."
--anonymous scout

27. FELIX PIE, of, Cubs
"He just creates excitement with his play--period. I see him as a guy who could potentially hit in the middle of a lineup and drive in runs, be a real exciting Carlos Beltran-type player."
--West Tenn manager Bobby Dickerson

Couple more fun ones

82. "THE FRANCHISE" BLAKE DeWITT, 3b, Dodgers
"He lets the ball get deep, shows the ability to drive the ball the other way and has easy pull power. The bat will be there."
--anonymous scout

94. RONNY CEDENO, ss, Cubs
"He never missed a beat here. He has great physical skills, very good hands and wrists, great talent and work ethic. He does so many things."
--Iowa manager Mike Quade

Back