• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOCK, DELETE.

1 DAISUKE MATSUZAKA, rhp, Red Sox
Who needs a gyroball? He has six pitches that grade out as plus or plus-plus at their best, and he'll be the best Japanese import ever. And no, we're not forgetting about Ichiro

Bold statement, Baseball America.

28 ADAM JONES, of, Mariners
Good call by Seattle to shelve his mid-90s fastball and make him an everyday player

Trying to picture Adam Jones as a pitcher. Failing.

Oof

27. FELIX PIE, of, Cubs
"He just creates excitement with his play--period. I see him as a guy who could potentially hit in the middle of a lineup and drive in runs, be a real exciting Carlos Beltran-type player."
--West Tenn manager Bobby Dickerson

You guys keep telling me driving in runs is unimportant and a stat that is basically meaningless.

Trying to picture Adam Jones as a pitcher. Failing.

Related tangent, but during the crazy 17 inning game at Boston last year, I was at my friends house and we were trying to figure out who was going to pitch as we ran out of relievers. We thought it might be Markakis, Wieters, or maybe AJ, but after that we really didn't know who to turn to. But then OMG CHRIS DAVIS

chris-davis-k.gif

Bill Shaikin ‏@BillShaikin 26m
#Dodgers could have more combined salary on 2-man DL (Greinke and Ramirez, $32.5m) than #Astros on 25-man roster.

My buddy just sent me this as his draft results last night. So confused by so much of this. They have holds, ERA, WHIP, saves, and wins as pitcher stats. Really dumb league imo.

BehindEnemybaseLines
1. (5) Ryan Braun (Mil - OF)
2. (20) Josh Hamilton (LAA - OF)
3. (29) Hanley Ramírez (LAD - 3B,SS)
4. (44) Rafael Soriano (Was - RP)
5. (53) Anthony Rizzo (ChC - 1B)
6. (68) B.J. Upton (Atl - OF)
7. (77) Johnny Cueto (Cin - SP)
8. (92) David Freese (StL - 3B)
9. (101) Asdrubal Cabrera (Cle - SS)
10. (116) Neil Walker (Pit - 2B)
11. (125) C.J. Wilson (LAA - SP)
12. (140) Domonic Brown (Phi - OF)
13. (149) Joel Hanrahan (Bos - RP)
14. (164) Kenley Jansen (LAD - RP)
15. (173) Lance Lynn (StL - SP,RP)
16. (188) Jonathan Lucroy (Mil - C)
17. (197) Phil Hughes (NYY - SP)
18. (212) Jesús Montero (Sea - C)
19. (221) Wade Miley (Ari - SP)
20. (236) Brett Gardner (NYY - OF)
21. (245) Jeff Keppinger (CWS - 1B,2B,3B)
22. (260) David Robertson (NYY - RP)
23. (269) Drew Smyly (Det - SP,RP)
24. (284) Tyler Colvin (Col - 1B,OF)
25. (293) David Hernández (Ari - RP)

Holds & Saves? Marmol would be #1 overall pick.

Maybe get rid of the WHIP. And ERA. And Wins.

My buddy just sent me this as his draft results last night. So confused by so much of this. They have holds, ERA, WHIP, saves, and wins as pitcher stats. Really dumb league imo.

BehindEnemybaseLines
1. (5) Ryan Braun (Mil - OF)
2. (20) Josh Hamilton (LAA - OF)
3. (29) Hanley Ramírez (LAD - 3B,SS)
4. (44) Rafael Soriano (Was - RP)
5. (53) Anthony Rizzo (ChC - 1B)
6. (68) B.J. Upton (Atl - OF)
7. (77) Johnny Cueto (Cin - SP)
8. (92) David Freese (StL - 3B)
9. (101) Asdrubal Cabrera (Cle - SS)
10. (116) Neil Walker (Pit - 2B)
11. (125) C.J. Wilson (LAA - SP)
12. (140) Domonic Brown (Phi - OF)
13. (149) Joel Hanrahan (Bos - RP)
14. (164) Kenley Jansen (LAD - RP)
15. (173) Lance Lynn (StL - SP,RP)
16. (188) Jonathan Lucroy (Mil - C)
17. (197) Phil Hughes (NYY - SP)
18. (212) Jesús Montero (Sea - C)
19. (221) Wade Miley (Ari - SP)
20. (236) Brett Gardner (NYY - OF)
21. (245) Jeff Keppinger (CWS - 1B,2B,3B)
22. (260) David Robertson (NYY - RP)
23. (269) Drew Smyly (Det - SP,RP)
24. (284) Tyler Colvin (Col - 1B,OF)
25. (293) David Hernández (Ari - RP)

Thoughts:
Soriano crazy high, Rizzo high, Upton good value, D. Brown ridiculously high, Montero and Gardner good value. For a 12 team league, seems like a crap team.

agreed. absolutely no pitching. he took all 3 of spots before his first sp. his number 1 starter is JOHNNY CUETO. ugh.

Yeah to his credit, his league is really strange. 2 SP, 2RP, 4 P, normal batters, 2 Utility, 7 bench.

ETA: Not trying to make excuses for his shitty team, but explaining some of why he made decisions.

Related tangent, but during the crazy 17 inning game at Boston last year, I was at my friends house and we were trying to figure out who was going to pitch as we ran out of relievers. We thought it might be Markakis, Wieters, or maybe AJ, but after that we really didn't know who to turn to. But then OMG CHRIS DAVIS

I love it when position players pitch. There can't be many that have pulled off a three pitch strikeout.

Wait, did he start the game in the field and then earn the win? Wilson Valdez did that for the Phils in 2011, and I'm pretty sure the last guy who did it before him was Babe Ruth.

Edit: looks like he was the DH. And he went 0 for 8 with 5 strike outs. Ha. So it would have been a forgettable game for him if not for the whole pitching two shutout innings part.

Last edited:
Went back and looked at some of my old transactions in a dynasty league. In July, 2007, I traded Carlos Guillen and Tony Pena for Ryan Zimmerman and Dustin Pedroia. In 2008, I traded Carlos Gomez and CM Wang for Billy Butler. Before the 09 season, I traded Morrow for Greinke (09 was CY season).

One bad trade was Kershaw, Alexei Ramirez for Wieters in 2009.

Last year traded Greinke straight up for Hosmer.

holw about this:
"Chili Davis was a pretty good hitter during his 19-year baseball career. He retired with a career batting average of .274 and 350 home runs.

In 1993, Davis was playing for the California Angels. He wasn't in the starting lineup on June 17, 1993 for a game against the Texas Rangers, but he was called into action in the eighth inning when the Angels were down 18-1.

Hey, somebody had to keep the Rangers off the scoreboard, right?

Davis did just that. He pitched two innings, giving up no hits, no walks and no earned runs. The only time he had a runner on base was after he plunked Jose Conseco, who had homered earlier in the game.

He's one of the only position players to ever pitch two innings in his only career relief appearance and the only one to allow no hits, walks or runs."

Yeah to his credit, his league is really strange. 2 SP, 2RP, 4 P, normal batters, 2 Utility, 7 bench.

ETA: Not trying to make excuses for his shitty team, but explaining some of why he made decisions.

Thats not really that weird. Doesn't explain shitty draft.

Weird to me, I guess. I'm used to having 5 SP, 2 RP, 3 P, 7 batters, 1 U, bench, so starters are way more important. However, like I said, I'm not going to make excuses for his shit team.

Weird to me, I guess. I'm used to having 5 SP, 2 RP, 3 P, 7 batters, 1 U, bench, so starters are way more important. However, like I said, I'm not going to make excuses for his shit team.

Yahoo Standard is 2 SP, 2 RP, 3 P - C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, 3 OFs, 2 Utility and then 5 or 6 bench players. Starting 10 P seems high.

Just finished my Yahoo $20 league draft. Pretty pleased. Missed out on Teheran and Harvey. Might need to find a SP, but no rush.

1. (11) Joey Votto (Cin - 1B)
2. (14) Justin Upton (Atl - OF)
3. (35) Ian Kinsler (Tex - 2B)
4. (38) Paul Goldschmidt (Ari - 1B)
5. (59) Ben Zobrist (TB - 2B,SS,OF)
6. (62) Madison Bumgarner (SF - SP)
7. (83) Alex Gordon (KC - OF)
8. (86) Matt Moore (TB - SP)
9. (107) Brandon Morrow (Tor - SP)
10. (110) Rafael Soriano (Was - RP)
11. (131) Salvador Perez (KC - C)
12. (134) Mike Moustakas (KC - 3B)