• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOCK, DELETE.

So we didn't list what we're looking forward to this year, but I'm adding one anyway. I can't wait to see how far askew Fernando Rodney's hat goes. He's getting a head start in the WBC.

112238518_3c58dcf822_o.jpg

Just checked out the video over on the Phillies site. I didn't realize that punk-ass Strasburg threw at Utley in a spring training game.

That's cool. When the regular season starts, he'll have to put on a helmet and get in the box.

The immortal words of Gene Mauch reverberate in my head.

Just so I am clear...it is now a punk ass move to throw at someone?

It's always been a punkass move to throw at someone in Spring Training who has done nothing to warrant it.

Strasburg deserves to be hit during the regular season when it matters. He brought it on himself.

Hey Apetit, who do I look out for today as your young MUTTS take on MY TIGS?

Valdespin? d'Arnaud?

It's always been a punkass move to throw at someone in Spring Training who has done nothing to warrant it.

Strasburg deserves to be hit during the regular season when it matters. He brought it on himself.

It was settled on the field. Stras hit our best player, so Doc buzzed a guy the next chance he got to let Stras (and his team) know it didn't go unnoticed. End of story, end of issue.

That said, I'm sure something else will pop up again on the field. Its hard to play a team 18 times and not have something come up, especially when you have guys on both rosters that played for the other side.

Matt den Dekker? That's a real name? Jeez.

Matt den Dekker. Jordany Valdespin. Noah Syndergaard. Travis d'Arnaud. Mets' prospects have some great names.

The Braves are playing someone named Joey Terdoslavich today.

I should probably take this to the non-nerd thread.

Matt den Dekker? That's a real name? Jeez.

Matt den Dekker. Jordany Valdespin. Noah Syndergaard. Travis d'Arnaud. Mets' prospects have some great names.

yah, too bad we missed out on max fried in the last draft

can we get rid of all the phils fans save avalon from this thread? jc if there's one thing us nerds hate is when the old timers try to talk about "punkass moves" and "buzzing" people. i thought it was a game not a dick measuring contest.

Tim Kurkjian
@Kurkjian_ESPN

My list, best Yankees ever, in order: Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle, Berra, Ford, Jeter, Rivera. What is your top 8?

Srsly, Jeter?

can we get rid of all the phils fans save avalon from this thread? jc if there's one thing us nerds hate is when the old timers try to talk about "punkass moves" and "buzzing" people. i thought it was a game not a dick measuring contest.

lulz

Tigers have such a favorable start to the year with their schedule. 13 of the first 39 games against Min and Hou. Also, the only West Coast trip of the year is in April, and we go to Seattle. Gotta get to 95 wins this year.

Mattingly? And definitely put Rivera ahead of Jeter for me personally, and I like Jetes.

ETA: maybe even Bill Dickey - .313/.382/.486

Could be way off base here, though, I don't have a very refined sense of this.

Last edited:
Back