• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOCK, DELETE.

ok so no leverage included in fwar's calc. that would make a huge difference for someone like mo. his average leverage is 1.87 compared to clemens whose is 1.01. i think most starters are usually around 1 with guys that consistently work late being higher (spitballing).

Mets manager Terry Collins made probably the best managerial decision in game I saw all of last year. Late in the game, down 2 or 3 runs, he pulled Jason Bay back and sent our Valdespin who just hammered one for the tie or go ahead run but the Mets bullpen blew the game. I just Googled it to investigate and find out he set the MLB record for most pinch hit homers last year, a role the Mets liked him in so much they didn't give him regular at bats.

If I am not mistaken that was against the Nats. At least I fairly sure he made that same move against us...with the same results.

I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure the Papelbon one was a walk off.

Hey look, the nerd side of the Utley HBP! (With lots of gifs of Chase getting plunked if you're into that.)

Over his career, about 8% of the time Utley has reached base, he’s reached base on a hit-by-pitch.

Take away all the hit-by-pitches and Utley’s career OBP drops 19 points.

Not meant to get into the events from the other day, I'm just here to marvel at Chase Utley.

Also, WTF Tim Hudson???

i thought it was off papelbum

actually you are right, i think cheese was referring to this one off clippard:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=23107377&c_id=mlb

lol "season turning at bat"

the one off papelbum was his first career hit:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21241395&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_21241395&v=3

Now I remember why I remembered that...I was there. Again, I could be wrong but I think he had at least one more PH HR against us in NY. He killed us last year.

I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure the Papelbon one was a walk off.

Hey look, the nerd side of the Utley HBP! (With lots of gifs of Chase getting plunked if you're into that.)

Not meant to get into the events from the other day, I'm just here to marvel at Chase Utley.

Also, WTF Tim Hudson???

****MY FIRST DANNY ESPINOSA POST OF THE YEAR****

I am obviously not a stat geek but I would not be shocked to see Espinosa's HBP numbers to be similar to those at the close of his career. That guy seems to get drilled all the time.

Chipper walking off Papelbon may have been the highlight of the season for me last year.

not my frat bro catching the mccann salami and jumping around destroying people?

****MY FIRST DANNY ESPINOSA POST OF THE YEAR****

I am obviously not a stat geek but I would not be shocked to see Espinosa's HBP numbers to be similar to those at the close of his career. That guy seems to get drilled all the time.

As a % of times on base he's up there, looks like HBPs made up about 7.1% of his times on base in his career (compared to about 7.8% for Chase.)

He's at 2.2% per plate appearance, compared to 2.9% for Chase, and 0.9% for the league average.

Dickey's knuckler completely flat. Karim Garcia, who batted .344 in the Mexi league last year, just hit a leadoff double. US down 2 thippy.

Is Yunel Escobar the biggest SS in the game? Dude looks massive

Hey y'all.

Just wanted to let folks know about our long-running (this is the 9th season) 12 team Roto Fantasy baseball league on Yahoo! It's 5x5 with OBP in place of BA and Quality Starts in place of Wins. Assuming Nonny ever signs back up, we have 3 openings. PM me if you're interested or want more details.

Thanks!

Two spots left. Time to prove you are awesome.

Back