• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where is the coolest place you have ever lived?

kind of depends on how you define "cool," but easily the most unique place i've lived was in a haitian village in the dominican republic. it was smack dab in the middle of sugar cane fields, and the harvest that year was pretty terrible, so they just didn't harvest it at all. so if we wanted a snack, we could actually just go get a stick of sugar cane and chew on it for a while. my dentist hated me after that, but i loved it.

eta: and while the village itself was unbelievably poor, we were only about a 10 minute guagua (their version of public transportation. involves sitting on strangers' laps most of the time) ride from some rather nice resorts and public beaches.

Summer, 2002

cambridge_university.jpg

cambridge-emmanuel-college-monuments-516-large.jpg

You can't walk on the grass.

Lived here with DCDeac and my wife in a 20x30 flat (for $1500/mo) from 00-01. Our place was just across the street from Kensington Palace and around the corner from Portobello Road Market.

Palace+Court+black+%2526+White.jpg

Palace+Court+SIgn.jpg

Last edited:
Were all of your abroad experiences cool because they were cool or were they cool because you lived in a different place for 3 months, had next to no responsibility and generally fucked around?

Were all of your abroad experiences cool because they were cool or were they cool because you lived in a different place for 3 months, had next to no responsibility and generally fucked around?

You haven't been to Italy/Venice have you?

I've found Maine to be an awesome place to live.

Portland?

I lived in Hanover NH for 6 years. Small, quaint NE town with top flight college and med center. Lots of great folks. A real change of pace for this southern boy- in a good way. The only negative was the harsh winters- which would be the attraction to that area for many folks.

Portland?

I lived in Hanover NH for 6 years. Small, quaint NE town with top flight college and med center. Lots of great folks. A real change of pace for this southern boy- in a good way. The only negative was the harsh winters- which would be the attraction to that area for many folks.

if my body could handle the winters, i would move to hanover in an instant. loved it there when i hiked through (AT goes right through town), and having moosilauke right there would be so, so awesome. one of the best mountains i've ever climbed.

Back