• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where is the coolest place you have ever lived?

19deac92

You are a meathead.
Reaction score
Where is the coolest or most interesting place you have ever lived? (And I mean lived, not just visiting for a couple of weeks.) If not self-evident, explain why it was cool.

For me, it was Iphofen, Germany, a medieval German village in northern Bavaria. My wife and I lived there from January 1996 to December 1998 while I was stationed at nearby Kitzingen. Founded in 743 AD, Iphofen has walls, gatehouses, towers, a moat, cathedral, etc. To top it off, its major claim to fame is wine. That place is so awesome.

wtbmnr.jpg
wujvpc.jpg
2n8bkif.jpg
e7dqiu.png
2me1l3c.jpg
5xjqxh.jpg
9uutzl.jpg
rko2eb.jpg

Last edited:
Luter basement? That's all I got.

I lived in Naples FL, I guess that's cool because we lived within walking distance of the beach.

Too many old folks tho

The Corners at Crystal Lake. Winston-Salem's PREMIER apartment experience.

I'd say Geneve, Suisse or New Orleans. Geneva is admittedly not that most baller city in the world if you are a tourist, but it was a really great place to live. As for New Orleans, it's simply my favorite city in the world and living there was a blast. The two cities couldn't be more different, but those are my top two.

Hands down September - December 2001 in Florence, Italy. Our apartment was literally across the street from the Basilica di San Lorenzo, and only a few blocks from the Mercato Centrale and the Duomo. Amazing.

Lorenzo.jpg

Not to mention the fact that I only had classes starting at noon on Monday and ending mid-afternoon on Wednesday so many weekends we hopped overnight trains Wednesday night and didn't return until Monday morning. Florence is a great jumping off point to hit up Europe.

Potsdam, NY. Not uncommon to have a high below zero. Once it was 37 below without wind chill. Definitely the coolest place.

I lived in Fayetteville while my dad was stationed at Fort Bragg during Nam.

I lived in Fayetteville while my dad was stationed at Fort Bragg during Nam.

Interesting.

My Dad was assigned to the 82nd after he returned from Viet Nam. My Dad and Mom (while she was pregnant with me) were living a few doors down from Captain Jeffrey McDonald and his family when the "Fatal Vision" murders took place.

Rio de Janeiro one summer. The condo was litereally 2 blocks from Copacabana Beach.

Washington DC one summer, which was an extremely cool experience for a college student.

Second place goes to
6204683.jpg
just outside Haderslev, Denmark

Back