• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chili: beans or no beans?

Is chili allowed to have beans?

• Yes

Votes: 87 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Other: doofus/numbers

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
the only time chili should have beans if your eating it as the main dish.. if your putting it on things like hot dogs.. then deff no beans.. this isnt the north we know how to do it right haha

thumb_600.jpg

You obviously don't know how to do it right if you're drinking Diet Cheerwine.

Amateur hour indeed.

People that win the best chili cookoffs do so using shit like hunts tomato paste and grocery store beef stock. That means that they cant cook for shit, that chili cook offs are prima facie trailer park amateur hour and all food there could be beaten the fuck down by real chefs using real ingredients, including beans.

People that win the best chili cookoffs do so using shit like hunts tomato paste and grocery store beef stock. That means that they cant cook for shit, that chili cook offs are prima facie trailer park amateur hour and all food there could be beaten the fuck down by real chefs using real ingredients, including beans.

So what? You're still not going to win with ground beef and canned kidney beans.

Jeezus dude, pretentious much?

Beef is the best meat to put in chili, IMO, but pork or turkey in a pot is fine too.

Chili absolutely does not have beens. cookout is correct.

So Texans think bbq is w/ beef and chili is w/ pork?

Goodness they backward

a little bit of pork is nice. a pure pork chili sounds stupid.

So Texans think bbq is w/ beef and chili is w/ pork?

Goodness they backward

I don't think anybody is saying that chili has to be pork and nothing else.

And despite them sounding snobby with the strict requirements, most of the ICS winners I remember tasting had your basic beef cuts. The ones that were a little outside of the box got hit hard by a bunch of judges and really struggled.

I didn't know chili wasn't supposed to have beans until I moved to Texas.

I can handle it either way. It is more filling to me with beans.

Back