• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chili: beans or no beans?

Is chili allowed to have beans?

• Yes

Votes: 87 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Other: doofus/numbers

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Hahahaha chili philistines has to be an oxymoron. It's gotta be one of the simplest dishes ever to get right. If anything, it shows one area in which Wake fans aren't elitist snobs, and it's pretty funny that two of anti-bean's biggest champions are public school kids in Toogs and Cookout.

I'm not knocking no-bean chili whatsoever. It's fucking delicious, and I'd kill to be a judge at one of the big time comps. But when I make chili, I put beans in it, and I still call it chili. I'd love some of y'all to go strip my pops or any number of his friends on cooking teams of their chili trophies from states like Ohio that love chili, but happen to serve them with beans. Love to see you elitists try.

I would send my Dad to beat up your Dad, but my Dad likes beans... so they'd probably both whoop my ass with their old man strength

phan: chili is beverage

that may be the worst in the chain of phan is fat tags.

Oh I usually mix my chili with beans too, it's delicious. It's no longer chili though.

Ohio chili is disgusting, like pretty much everything in Ohio. That said, as gross as it is, Skyline doesn't have beans, they are an additional item like cheese or chopped onions. Same with Hard Times. This has nothing to do with elitism, snobbery, public schools, Melissa Stark taking it in the ass, or your mommy issues. It's just a simple fact that many are ignorant of.

Would you say that people who are aware of the debate, but side with beansIN are ignorant? Cause that seems like making an informed choice, and not really ignorance. And I didn't bring up the elitism, cookout did.

Noooooo that's the worst kind of ignorant. I guess I'll have to keep flying this chili w/bean banner, then. Even the international competitions are starting to come around to my way of thinking. Now I just have to convert the internet warriors.

Would you say that people who are aware of the debate, but side with beansIN are ignorant? Cause that seems like making an informed choice, and not really ignorance. And I didn't bring up the elitism, cookout did.

When did I bring up elitism? I just said that it's an area which the Wake education had failed. They need to add some courses to the curriculum about the history of chili or something..

Not ignorant-wrong.

i wish my opinion was always fact on every subject. would it be a burden or awesome?

It's not my opinion. It is the decision of the groups that hold major chili contests.

but you've got that stick firmly up your ass again. So you this irrelevant to you.

SANCTIONING BODIES! SANCTIONING BODIES!

it's chili, y'all

like the fucking AKC trying to tell me my dog isn't a boxer.

One of the most notorious Nazis was Josef Mengele. He had a particular fascination with 'experimenting' on Jewish children - especially twins.

He would separate twins into different buildings. Then he would slowly, slowly torture one twin, the other twin would be monitored for signs of distress, to see if they picked up on their sibling's pain by 'telepathy'.

AND YOU WANT TO TELL ME ROCKY ISN'T A GODDAMN BOXER AND CHILI WITH BEANS ISN'T CHILI.........

WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER !

In New Mexico, virtually every family gathering has a big old pot of beans or two, and several people bring chili. You can mix them as you want or not at all, and it's perfection.

Ahhh College Park and New Mexico. God's Country both. Don't get no better. What a charmed life you lead Toogs.

like the fucking AKC trying to tell me my dog isn't a boxer.

One of the most notorious Nazis was Josef Mengele. He had a particular fascination with 'experimenting' on Jewish children - especially twins.

He would separate twins into different buildings. Then he would slowly, slowly torture one twin, the other twin would be monitored for signs of distress, to see if they picked up on their sibling's pain by 'telepathy'.

AND YOU WANT TO TELL ME ROCKY ISN'T A GODDAMN BOXER AND CHILI WITH BEANS ISN'T CHILI.........

WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER !

Your analogy would hold up if the AKC was run out of a 30 year old Airstream in a Big Lots parking lot.

And you taste is dogs is worse than your taste in Chili.

Your analogy would hold up if the AKC was run out of a 30 year old Airstream in a Big Lots parking lot.

And you taste is dogs is worse than your taste in Chili.

i'm pro-beans (thought you were too?). and boxers are fucking awesome.

i think my analogy holds up. just saying that because a judge doesn't allow X in their competition for best Y doesn't mean that X is not Y.

Also caring what the AKC thinks of your dog just means you are an immense douche whose opinion is worthless on pretty much any topic other than douchiness.

Also caring what the AKC thinks of your dog just means you are an immense douche whose opinion is worthless on pretty much any topic other than douchiness.

While I think this is a bit harsh, it's kind of my feelings about the International Chili Fuckers Society or whatever it's called.

my opinion on chili isn't due to the Chili Fuckers Society. It's a black and white issue--chili does not have beans. You can make a delicious beany dish full of chili like flavors that I would eat and enjoy, but it's not chili.

at least we're back to opinions. it's not like some dudes carved it into the walls at the alamo before they died or anything. again, it's just 2 different ways to make the same soup in my opinion, yours being 2 different soups with one difference in ingredients. i'm for narrowing the whole soup taxonomy to save us all a bit of time and effort.

Back