• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chili: beans or no beans?

Is chili allowed to have beans?

• Yes

Votes: 87 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Other: doofus/numbers

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Don't hate me for saying this, but I think Wendy's chili is good. I'm fine with chili both ways though.

I ate a shit ton of $1 dollar menu chili from the Wendy's on Reynolda. I also enjoy it quite a bit, even though I've been told by former employees that they use the leftover burger meat before it goes bad. I'd usually add one packet of chili sauce and about 5 saltines.

I think I prefer chili with no beans and some non ground cut of beef, but the old school beer chili with ground beef and beans is still delicious (and can be called chili).

Yes, chili has beans. Beans absorb surrounding flavors, so every bean has the meat juices. tomatoes, garlic, and spices that are the quintessence of chili. Anything with three or more spices can benefit from the addition of beans, unless perhaps it is served over rice.

Always go beans in chili. Only exception is chili for like chili dogs and stuff.

The chili recipe I made up last night had beans and it tasted great so I vote yes.

Yellowstone answered this question at the end of Season 4. If you aren't going to believe Jimmy, who can you believe.

Spoiler: No beans

I don’t think the Kevin chili cold open is funny at all. He worked really hard on it and then brought it for everyone to enjoy and it all gets spilled. It makes me sad.

I have some dry aged ground brisket in the freezer to use. Think I'll make chili this weekend.

We made chili this past weekend and it would appear that my bowels were backed up since before Thanksgiving.

Back