• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chili: beans or no beans?

Is chili allowed to have beans?

• Yes

Votes: 87 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Other: doofus/numbers

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
no one said its not allowed to have beans

the only time chili should have beans if your eating it as the main dish.. if your putting it on things like hot dogs.. then deff no beans.. this isnt the north we know how to do it right haha

thumb_600.jpg

Homemade chili should have beans in it. Period. Especially if made in a slow cooker.

Nah, he's right. Traditional, competition level chili does not have beans.

iirc boxers with more than a small % of white can't compete in AKC competitions. YOU GONNA TELL ME MY BABY ROCKY ISN'T A REAL BOXER?

iirc boxers with more than a small % of white can't compete in AKC competitions. YOU GONNA TELL ME MY BABY ROCKY ISN'T A REAL BOXER?

Lettuce keep the dogs out of this, k? We're talking about judging food, not animals.

(though if your dog doesn't meet the breed requirements then congratulations, you have a mutt!)

The only point of beans in chili is to make it cheaper to produce. High end chili does not have beans.

Lettuce keep the dogs out of this, k? We're talking about judging food, not animals.

(though if your dog doesn't meet the breed requirements then congratulations, you have a mutt!)

it's a syllogism bro. and two registered boxers can have a white boxer. just cause he can't compete doesn't mean he's not a boxer.

The only point of beans in chili is to make it cheaper to produce. High end chili does not have beans.

Yeah I have no idea where he's getting this idea about masking the flavor. Like beans add some magical flavor that somehow overpowers beef, chili peppers, cumin, salt, everything. They're beans.s

it's a syllogism bro. and two registered boxers can have a white boxer. just cause he can't compete doesn't mean he's not a boxer.

It's not a good syllogism. Chilis don't breed with one another.

Back