• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your favorite podcast?

A new podcast dropped today from APM Reports (same body behind In the Dark): Order 9066

President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066 just months after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. Some 120,000 people of Japanese ancestry were forced from their homes on the West Coast and sent to one of ten “relocation” camps, where they were imprisoned behind barbed wire for the length of the war. Two-thirds of them were American citizens.

just listened to the first series on American History Tellers. It was 6 part about Cold War. Thought it was really interesting and well done. Next up is Prohibition.
Started another series called Business Wars. First section is Netflix vs Blockbuster (HBO, etc). Pretty interesting so far.

Best news in my podcast feed this morning

U Talking U2 to Me? coming back as R U Taking R.E.M. Re: Me?

New podcast Unexplained Mysteries is pretty good. They've only done 4 episodes so far, 2 per mystery. They started with the Mona Lisa and then Stonehenge. Stonehenge is a fascinating listen.

New podcast Unexplained Mysteries is pretty good. They've only done 4 episodes so far, 2 per mystery. They started with the Mona Lisa and then Stonehenge. Stonehenge is a fascinating listen.

hosted by the ghost of leonard nimoy, i hope

Invest Like the Best

While I'm not the biggest Finance / Investing guy, he gets access and interviews to some very, very smart people. Lots to be learned.

From his site: "While many guests are professional investors (portfolio managers, venture capitalists, researchers, authors), I will also speak with many people outside of the investing business whose insight and experience can entertain and inform. My constant goal: find great people who are willing to share what they’ve learned with you."

I just spent a long drive with "Slow Burn". It's really a good way to learn about how Watergate went down in detail. It's a chilling reminder that "the more things change..."

I just spent a long drive with "Slow Burn". It's really a good way to learn about how Watergate went down in detail. It's a chilling reminder that "the more things change..."

Two of those have popped up on the NPR One app. They’re good and chilling although there seems to be some effort to make the events seem as similar as possible.

I don’t remember being taught much about Watergate. That’s probably because it happened shortly before I was born. It would be like teaching today’s high school kids about 9/11.

What gets me is that Republicans didn’t pay a political price for it. So many scandals are something-gate yet the party that slow played the investigation and got Nixon re-elected only lost one presidency.

The guy who essentially held Martha Mitchell captive is an ambassador now. Bork is hailed as a martyr by Pubs. Several people who carried water for Nixon got re-elected.

Did my first podcast tonight. Excited to soon be a celebrity.

What topic?

My Dad always says it should have taken the Republicans 30 years to get back to the whitehouse after Watergate.

getting back to Podcasts: I'll second Business Wars- really interesting stuff there and they just started a new season about Marvel vs. DC comics (PhDeac alert!!)

Listened to the first episode of Business Wars, and while the story was interesting, the dramatization is kind of annoying. I realize they're trying to juice up what would otherwise be relatively boring business discussions, but the reenactments just come off as superimposed.

Last edited:
Yeah the dramatization is kinda low budget sounding, but I don't mind it for the story aspect.

Yeah the dramatization is kinda low budget sounding, but I don't mind it for the story aspect.

“Meanwhile in the 9th floor boardroom!”

In The Dark, Season 2 airs May 1st

It's very much like Serial/Making a Murderer, and obviously the 1st season which is a good listen, too.

The Last Podcast on the Left is pretty good. They in the middle of a series on Rasputin which has been pretty solid. The ones on the Oklahoma City bombing and Jonestown were great.

Back