• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your favorite podcast?

Filmspotting
BS Report
Football Weekly
Firewall and Iceberg

Those are the four I never miss. Anfield Wrap, Carolla and various Grantland pods when I have time. Add slashfilmcast and wait wait to car trips.

Monday is easily the best day of the week because the new Econtalk comes out.

Another vote here for Simmons and Sal during football season, they are funny.

Rly hate that Mike Lombardi douche they bring on. He thinks he knows it all and its the exact opposite. So your team sucks assbutts and you are going to breakdown the playoffs for us? Great.

he's now working for the browns so we don't have to put up with him anymore.

I'm pretty bitter about ESPN ditching their old baseball podcast with Karabell and Keith Law and replacing it with the generic Buster Olney podcast.

So true. They were funny, and did real analysis. I gave up on Buster's podcast. It was too superficial, and just parrots news already on Espn. Big backlash I've heard.

Another vote here for Simmons and Sal during football season, they are funny.

Rly hate that Mike Lombardi douche they bring on. He thinks he knows it all and its the exact opposite. So your team sucks assbutts and you are going to breakdown the playoffs for us? Great.

I liked Lombardi just because he had an actual opinion, but he did make it sound like whatever he had to say was always 100% correct.

Podcasts I listen to:
The B.S. Report
The Nerdist - contingent on the guest
You Made it Weird with Pete Holmes - mainly just the famous people though; I don't really care about some random comedy writer or stand up that I've never heard of
Doug Loves Movies - contingent on the guests
Cashing In with T.J. Miller - this one you should really check out if you like comedy podcasts; it's basically a PTI style series of short comedy bits where these two guys just talk about random shit and make jokes about it (if you want to get into it you should start from the beginning)
Comedy Film Nerds - if they talk about a movie I've already seen or happen to have an interesting guest (which they don't usually have)

I like The BS Report, but usually skip the NBA talk. I like it when he steps outside of sports and talks to figures in pop culture (such as this week's ep with Nathan Fielder). I love Chuck Klosterman, so any time he is on, I am happy.

I like the Hollywood Prospectus podcast on Grantland when they talk movies and TV, but the music talk sucks. Listening to 2 white dudes talk rap is not my thing.

Also like Firewall & Iceberg, and like that they time code their episodes so you can skip to the stuff you want to hear (wish Hollywood Prospectus did this).

WTF is fantastic. Big fan of Stuff You Should Know and Things You Missed in History Class.

Big fan of Stuff You Should Know and Things You Missed in History Class.

I listen to both of these as well.

What is up with the chick named Dublina Chockerboardy (sp?) What an unfortunate name. Did she get canned from Things You Missed in History Class? She has not been on there recently (which has been an improvement).

The Basketball Jones for NBA talk

You serious Clark? That piece of shit is the only podcast on Grantland that I regularly don't listen to. The dudes who host it are a bunch of clowns.

Outside of Grantland and the BS report I also subscribe to the Steve Czaban show (Yahoo sports talk radio) as well as This American Life. I used to also subscribe to Carolla, however I stopped listening about 9 months ago after all of his shows started to run together and his schtick got old.

Last edited:
I listen to those too, Sig. I like Freakonomics Radio better.

I like The BS Report, but usually skip the NBA talk. I like it when he steps outside of sports and talks to figures in pop culture (such as this week's ep with Nathan Fielder). I love Chuck Klosterman, so any time he is on, I am happy.

I like the Hollywood Prospectus podcast on Grantland when they talk movies and TV, but the music talk sucks. Listening to 2 white dudes talk rap is not my thing.

Also like Firewall & Iceberg, and like that they time code their episodes so you can skip to the stuff you want to hear (wish Hollywood Prospectus did this).

The NBA talk is when Simmons is at his best IMO, He and House together are fantastic. I just started listening to podcasts in the last month or so but they are great. Appreciate the suggestions so far.

Smodcast. Should I be ashamed? Dick jokes actually uplift my mood on drive into work.

Back