• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your favorite podcast?

It was a short run podcast that they recorded at the end of last year/beginning of this year, but the absolute funniest podcast this year is You Talkin' U2 To Me? with Scott Aukerman and Adam Scott. They start like it is going to be a podcast where they just review U2's discography leading up to the release of their new album (which they actually do over the course of the series), but for the most part it is just the two of them bullshitting, telling stories, bringing on guests, and starting an insane series of podcasts within podcasts. There are only 15 or so eps, so it's not something you have to dedicate a lot of time to. I couldn't recommend it more highly, you won't be sorry if you give it a try.

I would like to say hello to my family. I would like to say hello to my friends. I would like to say hello to U2 fans.

I was also a fan of Analyze Phish.

Not feeling Effectively Wild?

I'm a big fan of Effectively Wild. When Lindbergh left BP to go to Grantland and they said they might not do daily podcasts anymore, I was legitimately kind of sad. Hopefully that never comes to pass.

I liked listening to RADIOLAB on the radio, so finding it as a podcast is great.

Naked Archaeology is pretty good.

History of the Great War and the BBC's World War One are good ones for military history buffs.

President Roosevelt's Fire Side Chats 1933-1944 are interesting. I've always heard about them, but never really listened to any in full before finding them on a podcast.

I have expanded my podcast world since last year when I posted on this thread.

Still listen to BS Report, always the Cousin Sal ones and most of the pop culture guest ones, but I skip others that are other sports experts.

I dabble in WTF but Maron can get pretty grating, so really only d/l if there is a great guest.

Took me a while to warm up to it, but I also d/l about half the Grantland Hollywood Prospectus podcasts, were great when a TV show I care about is on, like GoT, but they are in a lull now since no great shows are on.

One podcast I would highly recommend if you are into culture media and movies is the Bret Easton Ellis podcast. He brings such an intelligent voice and perspective on the culture that I d/l every week no matter who the guest. He also has full length interviews with famous directors and producers that you may not know by name, but when you hear their resume they are impressive guests. Prolly my fav pod, but I am also a huge BEE fan.

Anyone listening to Serial? I haven't checked it out yet, but I intend to. Have heard very good things.

It is excellent. Blew through all 4 eps quickly and am eager for the rest.

Anyone here ever listen to the Night Vale podcast? Looks interesting. I'm gonna check it out tonight.

Back