• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your favorite podcast?

I enjoy a number of the podcasts I listen to making sarcastic comments about how Serial really "brought podcasts into the mainstream"

The Dissolve podcast is back. As long as Tasha Robinson isn't the host of the week it's a good film podcast.

Joe Rogan is solid.
I really like you made it weird with Pete Holmes, but I also really like Pete Holmes.
BBC History of the world in 100 objects.
How did this get made-Two guys from the league shit on terrible movies. Formulaic and not all that novel, but pretty damn funny.

I really like you made it weird with Pete Holmes, but I also really like Pete Holmes..

I just started listening to You Made It Weird. I wanted to hear the Harris Wittels podcast where he talks about drug addiction and death a few months before he died. That was pretty crazy to listen to.

Anyone here ever listen to the Night Vale podcast? Looks interesting. I'm gonna check it out tonight.

It's one of my favorites. Welcome to Nightvale is consistently, creatively weird and sci-fi-ish. I do recommend listening to it at at least 1.5 speed.

After listening to podcasts on my commute for the past 5 years played at 1.5-2.0 speed, I really can't listen to anything at normal speed any more. Everyone sounds drunk and stoned.

Move the Sticks with Daniel Jeremiah is my new go to NFL podcast. He's got great insight and stories from his scouting career (and App State QB experience), and has a very engaging style.

I listen at 1.5 and Wife thinks I'm crazy, but, like you, if I listen to something at 1.0 speed, it sounds like it has been intentionally slowed down to something slower than usual speech.

Since I started this thread awhile back, just wanted to point out that Ivan Maisel's son is still missing, over a week now, presumed dead. Very sad. Ivan seems to be who he seems to be. Seems like a really nice guy who talks about his family from time to time. Just a sad, sad story. Those who listen send his family your best thoughts.

Anyone listen to the Night Vale podcast? I've gotten through 3 of them and they are pretty strange, though oddly intriguing.

Just got into Night Vale; pretty cool but i have to be in the right mood.

Not sure if I mentioned it before but Hardcore History is really great, especially the WWI and Mongol series'.

Also, DLC is pretty good if you're an older millennial (26-mid 30s) who likes videogames.

I also like The Vinyl Cafe but probably not for everyone.

Last edited:
On long trips we listen to How Did this Get Made with Andre and Rafi from the League breaking down terrible/great movies.

Total podcast noob, but we did Serial on a recent roadtrip and really enjoyed it. Any recs for something similar that is in the 6-10 hour range?

Spontaneation with Paul F Tompkins & Sklarboro Country

I would like to say hello to my family. I would like to say hello to my friends. I would like to say hello to U2 fans.

I was also a fan of Analyze Phish.

there will never be anything funnier than Adam Scott begging Bono for T-shirts

Listened to a couple episodes of Risk on the ride home from Asheville last weekend and really enjoyed it! It's like a slightly more risqué version of the moth podcast.

Back