• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your favorite podcast?

I don't get Night Vale and it seems like something I should like.

I feel the same way about The Higherside Chats. It's all about conspiracy theories and the paranormal, but I've never made it through an episode before losing interest.

I feel the same way about The Higherside Chats. It's all about conspiracy theories and the paranormal, but I've never made it through an episode before losing interest.

Check out mysterious universe. I listen to them periodically and they are always entertaining.

Seeing Wait Wait Don't Tell Me tonight live in Philly. Terry Gross is the guest. Don't know the panelists yet.

This is about as exciting as it gets for a white guy.

You don't appreciate it or you don't get the podcast files?

Night Vale is great. Dark setting and dry humor. I started at the beginning and I'm on episode 12 or 13 now.

Seeing Wait Wait Don't Tell Me tonight live in Philly. Terry Gross is the guest. Don't know the panelists yet.

This is about as exciting as it gets for a white guy.

Have fun!

When I went in Chi-town, the guest was Astronaut Chris Hadfield (popularly famous for his Space Oddity rendition) with panelists Mo Rocca, Roy Blount Jr., and Amy Dickinson. Major #SWPL episode.

We were fortunate to see Carl Kassell before his retirement, too.

If you could play a WWDTM game on-air, which one would you choose?

You don't appreciate it or you don't get the podcast files?

Night Vale is great. Dark setting and dry humor. I started at the beginning and I'm on episode 12 or 13 now.

I listened to the first two episodes and it didn't really catch my interest. Should I keep going?

I listened to the first two episodes and it didn't really catch my interest. Should I keep going?

Yeah, I'd say so. I was hooked from the first episode though.

Bummer. Seems like it should be right up my alley.

Are you doing other things when you listen to it? With so many vignettes, it doesn't strike me as a podcast you can devote half of your attention to. I've been listening to it when I drive or lay in bed.

That could be it. I'll try listening while running instead of at work

My go-to sports pods are Grantland NFL Podcast, Effectively Wild, and Dunc'd On Basketball. The last of which is Nate Duncan's podcast; I swear that not even Zach Lowe can dork out over Xs and Os and salary cap machinations like this guy.

By go-to non-sports-related pods are Criminal, We the People, Stuff You Should Know, and a few random entries from the Slate mothership.

It was a short run podcast that they recorded at the end of last year/beginning of this year, but the absolute funniest podcast this year is You Talkin' U2 To Me? with Scott Aukerman and Adam Scott. They start like it is going to be a podcast where they just review U2's discography leading up to the release of their new album (which they actually do over the course of the series), but for the most part it is just the two of them bullshitting, telling stories, bringing on guests, and starting an insane series of podcasts within podcasts. There are only 15 or so eps, so it's not something you have to dedicate a lot of time to. I couldn't recommend it more highly, you won't be sorry if you give it a try.

Really great, especially if you are familiar with and are a fan of their prior work together. The finale was incredible.

I would like to say hello to my family. I would like to say hello to my friends. I would like to say hello to U2 fans.

I was also a fan of Analyze Phish.

there will never be anything funnier than Adam Scott begging Bono for T-shirts

Nevermind the fuckin’ t-shirts: U Talkin’ U2 To Me finally landed its U2 interview

What's happening to the Fantasy Focus Football podcast now that Nate is gone?

Lulz I still haven't listened to the one they released a couple weeks ago because I was going through the entire catalogue before the new ones. So good. The eps with Harris Wittels (RIP), PFT, Todd Glass, and the commentary episode are my favorite eps of any podcast ever. Kinda lost its steam after they finished the initial run (they actually started talking too much U2), but hopefully these new eps are good.

Back