• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your favorite podcast?

the fifth episode of the world's only annually released Paul Blart 2 review podcast, Till Death Do Us Blart, went up last week

i think the boys are finally starting to break

That show seems like it went off the rails a while ago. Like a bunch of producers got poached by Gimlet or other podcasts and they started messing with the format/doing experimental stuff.

Totally agree.  They've churned out a ton of episodes on their adjacent (but not 'RadioLab') series about the Supreme Court and Dolly Parton.  It feels like Jad said fuck it, I want to do what I want to do...and that probably had something to do with the genius grant he received.  The regular episodes have been few and far between.  Also, for the past few years, they've seemingly tried emulating This American Life instead of relying on their questioning/science based format.  

That said, it's an OG in the format.  It not only got me into podcasts...it was my favorite podcast throughout college, and I've continued listening for 15 years.

Totally agree.  They've churned out a ton of episodes on their adjacent (but not 'RadioLab') series about the Supreme Court and Dolly Parton.  It feels like Jad said fuck it, I want to do what I want to do...and that probably had something to do with the genius grant he received.  The regular episodes have been few and far between.  Also, for the past few years, they've seemingly tried emulating This American Life instead of relying on their questioning/science based format.  

That said, it's an OG in the format.  It not only got me into podcasts...it was my favorite podcast throughout college, and I've continued listening for 15 years.

agreed; i did enjoy the SCOTUS sub-cast, though. wish they'd do more of those.

Adam Scott Aukermann back with RU talking RHCP Re Me

The R.E.M. eps never reached the highs of the U2 eps, but I love these two guys together

You guys gotta check out "Our Fake History"

this guy breaks down popular myths/legends and explains their origins and "debunks" the claims.

it's short and well done. I'd start with E2 about the Minotaur/Labyrinth

I started with the Mighty Nein campaign have about 30 eps to go

Same. Saw the clip of Joe manganiello sp?? from the end of their first campaign and got a kick out of the twist so I started mighty nein. Play it back at like 1.3 speed or so to speed it up without missing anything. I'm about halfway through.

Woke up this morning to find that More Perfect is back with a new season. This is one of my fav podcasts of all time.

Back